New dates and locations for the FREE Parent Workshops!

Hello everyone, 

We are pleased to confirm new dates and locations for our parent workshops. The National Lottery Community Fund has funded us to deliver full day, free of charge workshops to parents who have children (between 5-18) suffering because of OCD (or suspected OCD). Here is a list of the new date and locations: 

• Derby - Friday 18th February 9am - 5pm (fully booked, please email parents@ocduk.org if you would like to be on the cancellation list) 
  • Buxton - Saturday 19th March 9.30am - 5pm (fully booked, please email parents@ocduk.org if you would like to be on the cancellation list) 
  • Leicester - Friday 22nd April 10am - 5pm (open for bookings, click here for information/to book a space)
  • Grantham - Friday 20th May 10am - 5pm (open for bookings, click here for information/to book a space) 
  • Nottingham - Friday 17th June 10am - 5pm (date TBC, not open for bookings yet) 
  • Northampton - Friday 29th July 10am - 5pm (date TBC, not open for bookings yet) 

We will post on our social media platforms once the Nottingham & Northampton workshops are open for bookings and the dates are confirmed. For more information on our parents project or the workshops we are delivering, please visit here; www.ocduk.org/parents/ (you can also book on to the workshops using this link)

If you have any questions about the workshops, please do not hesitate to contact me at parents@ocduk.org 

Zoë

Children, Young People & Parent Lead 

• Ashley pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi I'm new here.  I have a 22year old son, who has aspergers, Tourette's, and an eating disorder but his OCD is what is crippling him at the moment, he is one medication and having CBT.  As his mum I am finding it very hard to cope with his traits and his aggression, are there any workshops in the Gloucestershire area, particularly in Stroud ?  Many thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/02/2022 at 10:06, Zoe said:

Hello everyone, 

We are pleased to confirm new dates and locations for our parent workshops. The National Lottery Community Fund has funded us to deliver full day, free of charge workshops to parents who have children (between 5-18) suffering because of OCD (or suspected OCD). Here is a list of the new date and locations: 

• Derby - Friday 18th February 9am - 5pm (fully booked, please email parents@ocduk.org if you would like to be on the cancellation list) 
  • Buxton - Saturday 19th March 9.30am - 5pm (fully booked, please email parents@ocduk.org if you would like to be on the cancellation list) 
  • Leicester - Friday 22nd April 10am - 5pm (open for bookings, click here for information/to book a space)
  • Grantham - Friday 20th May 10am - 5pm (open for bookings, click here for information/to book a space) 
  • Nottingham - Friday 17th June 10am - 5pm (date TBC, not open for bookings yet) 
  • Northampton - Friday 29th July 10am - 5pm (date TBC, not open for bookings yet) 

We will post on our social media platforms once the Nottingham & Northampton workshops are open for bookings and the dates are confirmed. For more information on our parents project or the workshops we are delivering, please visit here; www.ocduk.org/parents/ (you can also book on to the workshops using this link)

If you have any questions about the workshops, please do not hesitate to contact me at parents@ocduk.org 

Zoë

Children, Young People & Parent Lead 

Hi I am trying to book for Leicester but its saying closed. Is there any space please?

• 1 month later...

Hi, will you be offering parent workshops in the South West region at all? I’m happy to travel but they’re quite far from Bristol. Thanks 

3 hours ago, boey12 said:

Hi, will you be offering parent workshops in the South West region at all? I’m happy to travel but they’re quite far from Bristol. Thanks 

Hello there,

We can't, we simply don't have the funds I am afraid. The lottery grant only awarded us the funds to deliver the project across the East Midlands, so although people are welcome from other regions if they can travel, we are not able to travel to deliver them outside the East Midlands at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I am unable to attend the upcoming events, although I think they would be really useful as I try to navigate helping my 11 year old daughter. Are there online sessions or recordings of sessions available for people who can't attend in person? Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry I did not see this before. 

Due to the workshops delegate participation we can not record them, however I believe Zoe will be shortly launching a new series of online parents webinars for those unable to attend. These wont be recorded, but will be online webinars, free to access (until December) that people can attend from anywhere in the UK.#

Ashley :)

• Ashley unpinned this topic