OCD-UK Webinar Series

We are hosting a series of webinars looking at OCD in depth and its related disorders. Our first one is How to eat an elephant - Understanding hoarding and how to help. Join Dr Tom Graham on Wednesday 16th March at 1pm.

Here is a brief description - 
We all love our stuff. Everyone has possessions that mean something to them that they would not want to part with, but for some people it can be especially difficult to discard things, and items can start to pile up. This can lead to problems and can get in the way of a person living a safe and happy life in their home. Excessive collecting and clutter can cause distress and upset for those struggling with hoarding, and for those around and them. This 1-hour talk will explain a little about hoarding disorder as a mental health problem, what it is (and isn’t), why people might struggle with this condition, and how to help tackle it. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

If you would like to join us at the webinar, you can register here https://www.ocduk.org/webinar-series/how-to-eat-an-elephant-understanding-hoarding-and-how-to-help/

See you then! :)

Tm Graham twitter reg open.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2022 at 17:15, Caramoole said:

Maybe have a surf around the 2021 Virtual conference & see if any of the presentations are helpful.  You can start the search HERE

Thanks so much for that link caramoole--just took in one of the presentations and it was great. Will take in more I'm sure.

On 01/03/2022 at 07:24, Gemma@OCDUK said:

Hi everyone,

Please feel free to share any webinars you would like to see, we are always open to hearing ideas :)

Gemma

I would be really curious to hear anything about the mind-body connection, association with gut bacteria, or inflammation in general etc. Also how stress, hormones etc play a role and how to work with those to optimize recovery.

Also would be interested in how the brain is affected by treatment-both cbt and medication.

Thank you everyone so far for your suggestions :)

On 12/03/2022 at 22:38, L.M. said:

I would be really curious to hear anything about the mind-body connection, association with gut bacteria, or inflammation in general etc. Also how stress, hormones etc play a role and how to work with those to optimize recovery.

We do have this presentation "Gut feeling: The link between your gut health, your mental health, and your anxiety" that you might find helpful. You can view it here https://www.ocduk.org/conference/conferences-across-the-uk/2020-virtual/conference-map/wellbeing/gut-feeling/

Gemma

1 minute ago, Gemma@OCDUK said:

Thank you everyone so far for your suggestions :)

We do have this presentation "Gut feeling: The link between your gut health, your mental health, and your anxiety" that you might find helpful. You can view it here https://www.ocduk.org/conference/conferences-across-the-uk/2020-virtual/conference-map/wellbeing/gut-feeling/

Gemma

Oh excellent! Thank you Gemma-will be the next talk I listen to!

Hi Gemma

I booked the webcam but unfortunately will not be able to view live tomorrow. Will there be a recording available? I am in the process of moving and still have some residual problems with hoarding which can be problematical? My storage space is packed full including too many clothes part of the problem is my weight fluctuates so I have different sizes. How would this issue be solved?

20 hours ago, Angst said:

Hi Gemma

I booked the webcam but unfortunately will not be able to view live tomorrow. Will there be a recording available? I am in the process of moving and still have some residual problems with hoarding which can be problematical? My storage space is packed full including too many clothes part of the problem is my weight fluctuates so I have different sizes. How would this issue be solved?

Hi Angst,

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to attend but fortunately the presentation will be recorded and will be available to non-members at the end of April on our website :)

That's a difficult question to answer, was that something that you wanted to ask Tom?

Gemma

Well done Gemma on hosting this excellent webinar yesterday.  The recording link is in the members area for anybody that wants to watch it.  We are also delighted to announce our second webinar in the series for next month.

Paulwebinar.jpg

Click here to register - https://www.ocduk.org/webinar-series/worried-well-or-worried-sick-understanding-health-anxiety/

• Ashley unpinned this topic
  • Gemma@OCDUK pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Ashley unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

It's viewable for OCD-UK members already and it will be made freely available in due course, but I can't give an exact date I am afraid.  It's on my to do list, but there are a fair few other jobs above that. I will post on here when it is viewable.