Top self care tips when dealing with ocd/depression/anxiety?

Trying to understand what others do here that makes there day just that much easier (could be as simple as treating yourself to coffee) when dealing with ocd on the daily?

Just thought it would be good to share what like-minded people think.

I think a big one for me is reminding myself to have self compassion rather than self hatred, and remember that others may not necessarily understand what OCD is and that's ok.

Another one I'm leaning into recently is literally reading up on self help books

4 minutes ago, cg1 said:

(could be as simple as treating yourself to coffee)

Yes, rewarding myself on those victories over stopping the compulsions is what I do (it lifts the mood).  Today it was lemon drizzle cake.

My favorite self care is getting outside into nature somehow--whether a walk, or a run, or time in the garden. I usually like it to be physically active too which helps me in itself.

The self-help book I have that I found helpful is Getting Over OCD by Jonathan Abramowitz

I find running great for OCD ! Or walking around a forest ! When the weather permits.

And I'll have to have a look for it ! Thank you! 

I would recommend anyone to read - Pure by rose bretécher

• Echoing above in getting outside for a walk/run. Suddenly, the world doesn't seem as small and it gives me a focus to be mindful on. 
  • Cooking - meals from scratch
  • Challenging myself and learning something new
  • Playing board games
  • I've found audible ocd self help books useful as well as workbooks.

My favourites have been: 

• Everyday Mindfulness for OCD: Tips, Tricks & Skills for Living Joyfully By: Jon Hershfield MFT , Shala Nicely LPC , C. Alec Pollard Phd
  • Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts: A CBT-Based Guide to Getting over Frightening, Obsessive, or Disturbing Thoughts By: Sally M. Winston PsyD , Martin N. Seif PhD

Nice one ! Sometimes I find traveling to a different town/ city helps as you feel away from your problems, I understand it's not that simple for many people, but I find a new environment distracts my brain.

And I'll be sure to check them out thanks very much

20 minutes ago, cg1 said:

but I find a new environment distracts my brain.

This is a key point.  I have found that this type of distraction has often given me  a lot of relief from my OCD behaviours.  In particular as you say above going to another place.  However, if it is only a brief visit the OCD behaviours soon kick off again when I come home.

I cannot get out much these days but this new machine I am on now has a wonderful version of Google Maps on it.  Already I have had some great 'diversions' on virtual trips to Northern Scorland and the Tizi Ouzou region of Algeria.  After both of these trips I went to bed without doing my usual compulsive bedtime routines.