Books and podcast recommendations?

Hi everybody, does anybody recommended ocd books or podcast’s for ocd, I’ve already got overcoming unwanted intrusive thoughts which is really good :) but I just wanted to ask if there is anymore for harm related, magical thinking and sexual thoughts/relationship ocd?

Thank you! 

Edited by Summer9173

You Tube is not a place I'd recommend anyone with OCD going to learn about OCD. :no:  The first video you watch might be from a reputable source and give ok advice, but the temptation of You Tube is it's designed to get you to watch another video, and another...

That rapidly turns into a compulsion, not a learning exercise, and secondly there are far more bad vidseos out there giving poor advice than there are good ones.

If you want to learn about OCD stick to reputable books and people who have been checked out and know what they're talking about.

5 hours ago, Summer9173 said:

I’ve already got overcoming unwanted intrusive thoughts which is really good :) but I just wanted to ask if there is anymore for harm related, magical thinking and sexual thoughts/relationship ocd?

I don't understand why you need additional reference books for specific areas. :confused1:  Harm thoughts, magical thinking, sexual and relationship OCD is all OCD, all intrusive thoughts of one kind or another. You simply apply the same techniques across the board whatever the topic. 

25 minutes ago, snowbear said:

You Tube is not a place I'd recommend anyone with OCD going to learn about OCD. :no:  The first video you watch might be from a reputable source and give ok advice, but the temptation of You Tube is it's designed to get you to watch another video, and another...

That rapidly turns into a compulsion, not a learning exercise, and secondly there are far more bad vidseos out there giving poor advice than there are good ones.

If you want to learn about OCD stick to reputable books and people who have been checked out and know what they're talking about.

I don't understand why you need additional reference books for specific areas. :confused1:  Harm thoughts, magical thinking, sexual and relationship OCD is all OCD, all intrusive thoughts of one kind or another. You simply apply the same techniques across the board whatever the topic. 

Chrissie Hodges is a sufferer who also advocates on behalf of sufferers worldwide. Her videos are great and help a LOT of people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2022 at 17:11, Summer9173 said:

Hi everybody, does anybody recommended ocd books or podcast’s for ocd, I’ve already got overcoming unwanted intrusive thoughts which is really good :) but I just wanted to ask if there is anymore for harm related, magical thinking and sexual thoughts/relationship ocd?

Thank you! 

Did you get anywhere with this? Id be keen to find simular content

On 22/03/2022 at 22:52, snowbear said:

You Tube is not a place I'd recommend anyone with OCD going to learn about OCD.

I agree entirely with that one. References to other internet sites need to be carefully checked for reliability.

On 08/04/2022 at 00:33, wilsonmatt90 said:

Did you get anywhere with this? Id be keen to find simular content

Hey I’m so sorry but I didn’t however I do recommend The book ‘overcoming unwanted intrusive thoughts’ it’s amazing!! I’m not to sure who it’s by I think it’s on the forum page somewhere, does anybody else know at all? ☺️