Bullying on Cora's thread?

Hi Ashley... Do us real sufferers a favour and check out the treatment of 'Cora' on the so-called support forums.  You have several bullies on there... If you just look at the posts by 'Cora' you will see what I mean.  This forum claims to be supportive. I beg to differ, and have recently cancelled my membership. Administrators and moderators are supposed to set an example, not bully contributors.

David

Bump! Just exactly who is running this forum? There are six of you who are actively bullying... This is illegal, and totally against the spirit of any self-help forum.

This is so obvious... I am considering taking this issue higher, for the sake of the real ocd sufferers on here.

David

6 minutes ago, Dakagraphics-David said:

Bump! Just exactly who is running this forum? There are six of you who are actively bullying... This is illegal, and totally against the spirit of any self-help forum.

This is so obvious... I am considering taking this issue higher, for the sake of the real ocd sufferers on here.

David

I have just taken a look, & everything seems fine to me? 

The thing is, Cora has been frequenting the forum for quite some time now, & her content remains exactly the same. So much so that I have pretty much given up trying to help, but I know others with more stamina continue to give up their free time.

Personally, I think Cora needs to 'STOP' posting! I think she is in a bad way with OCD, & quite stealthy at seeking reassurance (Not a critiscism of Cora, but the nature of what OCD can do when it takes over). I also wonder if regardless of content, whether hitting the post button is a compulsion, perhaps?

@Cora Sorry to speak about you like this, BUT I think you'll find everyone, bar one **** on here that really had a go at you a couple of years back has your best interest at heart! 

1 hour ago, Dakagraphics-David said:

David

?

I definitely wouldnt call it bullying,i would say people are trying another angle of getting the message through,many people have tried to help myself and cora but i and cora find it hard to apply the advice given so sometimes a firmer tone may be needed, i know  i have been spoken to quite harshly when i take the advice and do nothing with it, ive never considered it bullying but trying to get the message across but i suppose we can all have different veiws

13 hours ago, Dakagraphics-David said:

Hi Ashley... Do us real sufferers a favour and check out the treatment of 'Cora' on the so-called support forums.  You have several bullies on there... If you just look at the posts by 'Cora' you will see what I mean.  This forum claims to be supportive. I beg to differ, and have recently cancelled my membership. Administrators and moderators are supposed to set an example, not bully contributors.

David

First of all I believe one of the team messaged you to explain I am away, and you replied rather churlishly.  However, I will break into my time off to deal with this.  I will not comment in public on the complaint, and I have already contacted the individual directly and I will respond to your email shortly. 

Before I do, I want to pubically comment on your suggestion of 'real sufferers', I find that contemptible. If only you knew the pains that OCD brings some of the moderators, not just mild OCD but devastating life changing OCD. Yet despite that they then give up hundreds of hours a year to help guide people and support them, they don't do it for praise or thanks but we should all be thanking them more than we do, myself included. They have helped so many people get better and change their life through helpful and practical advice publicly and sometimes privately.   So I will not allow somebody to come on here and question their motives or status as sufferers. 

I will close this thread as it serves no positive purpose for the forum and address you directly by replying to your email. If you wish to discuss this then feel free to reply to my email response.  

• Ashley locked this topic