OCD Why so difficult.

Sometimes can have great feeling and happy then something pops in from OCD. the thoughts  are so annoying sets of stress and anxiety.

For example if I want to do something and I am in the process of doing it, a OCD thought pops in could be anything, and that one thought so annoying and stressful feels like my mind is in a different place, feel likes day is ruined.

Here some thoughts.

If I do what OCD says feel better OCD says this to me inner voice.

If you re having some personal time and OCD pops in says you re bad nasty evil sick you should not carry on with your day.

If I want to buy something and sometimes OCD says sorry u can't buy this u re evil nasty person and repeating thoughts run thought mind like a wild fire.

Sometimes feel so strongly this OCD puts my mind out of my head.

Thoughts sometimes stick in my mind, or could repeat things over and over, if I don't do what OCD says makes me feel guilty bad nasty sick horrible.

Sometimes I can resist the thoughts and I feel not to bad then they could back stronger and really affects me.

What I found helpful was reading about OCD. At the moment the book which seems to be recommended the most is Break Free From OCD. You could also visit your GP. It could be that some medication could help.

4 minutes ago, Daviduk said:

What else do you do to help with your OCD thoughts.

There is also plenty of useful information on this OCD-UK website.  Look on the homepage under tabs 'About OCD', 'Having OCD' and 'Overcoming OCD'.

The brain is a thinking machine. It has to think about something. So try and leave no room for the brain to think OCD thoughts. Keep busy. Do things. Go for walks. Do hobbies. Set goals and accomplish things. Learn a skill involving the coordination of the eyes and hands like painting. You could do pottery, carpentry, decorate, cook.

Thanks for the information and help.

Just one thing with OCD thoughts if you get one thought that don't seem to go away, do u just let it run it course and not keep thinking about it.

Could be pass events that happened and thoughts that don't like to share. That OCD feeds on and put this event in your mind.