Difficulty reading

Was wondering if anyone has any handy tips for difficulty in reading? I have a constant problem where I only seem to be able to focus on one word at a time, often back reading and weirdly my neck seems to become very tense from all this, particualrly when trying to read a book and especially for more dense ones. Sure this normal to an extent but my neck gets really tense after just a few pages and I seem to wear myself out. Was wondering if it's related to my a OCD or perhaps a separate issue?

I don’t think, as you describe the issue, that it is anything to do with OCD. It sounds as if you are used to skim reading where you focus on four to five words on each eye fixation. So I reckon that your reading speed has decreased. Perhaps you should check it out if it lasts a while. Or perhaps you  need to give your eyes a rest.

On 12/04/2022 at 18:45, Harv77 said:

Was wondering if anyone has any handy tips for difficulty in reading? I have a constant problem where I only seem to be able to focus on one word at a time, often back reading and weirdly my neck seems to become very tense from all this, particualrly when trying to read a book and especially for more dense ones. Sure this normal to an extent but my neck gets really tense after just a few pages and I seem to wear myself out. Was wondering if it's related to my a OCD or perhaps a separate issue?

I struggle with the exact same thing, i don't think its anything to do with ocd but just gave up on trying to enjoy reading. I use audible these days and love it!