Not sure why I did that...

I'm sorry to post again but this is worrying me. 

About two weeks ago I had a few days where if I were out, I would have the urge to look/stare at younger people around me (by younger I mean 14 to 18). It felt wrong and weird but I still did it. I did stare at lot and now I feel incredibly guilty. I don't exactly remember why I did that but I know it didn't feel like performing a compulsion. I even made eye contact with a few of the people and that makes me feel even more guilty. There's also the fact that while looking at them I would occasionally feel these feelings of attraction and enjoyment. I don't know what happened. I feel so gross. 

Hi Cora,

I would say that, the only meaning these thoughts have are the meaning you give to them and by spending time worrying about these thoughts you're confirming to yourself that there's something to be concerned by.

You cannot control the thoughts but you can control your reaction to them. Try to concentrate on that and leave them alone.

I tend to think of it like a puppy. The more attention you give it, the more it wants but if you ignore it, it'll eventually give up (although it'll hound you a bit before it does)

?

13 hours ago, Cora said:

I'm sorry to post again but this is worrying me. 

Cora, there is no need to apologise.  I don't know your current state of mind.  In my own experience, reassurance seeking can be helpful wether is is relating to OCD or any other issues.

3 hours ago, Symps07 said:

I tend to think of it like a puppy. The more attention you give it, the more it wants but if you ignore it, it'll eventually give up (although it'll hound you a bit before it does)

Symps07, thankyou for your empathetic analogy.