Trying to catch and then understand a worry

I just noticed that my lower right side of my teeth seems to have had more at 4 pm est then now 5:40 pm est, a little sensitive area. I suddenly felt a little like sudden slightly irritated pressure when I breathe in but I didn’t feel anything before that and I haven’t had any teeth problems and I have been brushing daily and nightly and I just am trying to make myself realize teeth sensitivity can naturally come and go without being a cavity and not last. Like I drank cold water before that and I didn’t feel the water irritating pressure on my teeth area but when I put the water right on it I felt that slight pressure again. A few more times breathing and a few more times drinking the cold water and sometimes putting the water on that tooth area and I realized each time like it isn’t as bad and when it feels like anything it doesn’t last long at all and sometimes isn’t there at all. But I’m focused immediately that is a cavity and will cost me tons of money I can’t afford right now 

I’m worried I have a cavity bc of that slight sensitivity and that any signs of the sensitivity either based off of breathing cold air maybe causing a very minor reaction or drinking cold water maybe having a slight sensitivity feeling is going to definitely lead to a cavity soon 

If you have a cavity.....disappointing but you'll get it filled.  Not something most people would give too much time to worrying about (and not something you can change) but something that may become an obsessive worry to an OCD sufferer.  Look at the rumination & checking compulsions:)

Why are you posting this HERE? For what purpose? This is not Dentist.com  Besides which, you haven't asked a question. 

So ask yourself, why did I post (twice) about a sensitive tooth on an OCD forum?

I'm not being obtuse. This is a pattern, dare I say compulsion, with you, where you jump to the worst conclusion, then post about it here like the forum is a diary. You rarely ask for help. You rarely ask us a question. You just throw your current worry out... and I'd like you to think about why.

Edited by PolarBear

I realized after reading this I was acting on compulsions again rather then logic and reality, like I get with the money issues car issues friendship issues too. And I distracted myself with watching shows and reading free books and stories I like and then just let time pass, realizing I was just completely giving into my compulsions  and it all worked out fine