The accomplishments of overcoming ocd, even by day

I, as most of you know suffer from ocd that tends to trigger and i ruminate insanely and I tend to often get depressed and feel like the world is turning in on me and just me. But recently I’ve begun to take advice from CBT and some of the main members here like admins that always write to me. @PolarBearmade me realize that I was completely reacting on my compulsions and making it so much worse. But the accomplishment feeling I get more then not from knowing I am overcoming the worries and accepting them as just obsessions and not ruminating over it is awesome. On a regular basis I’m beginning to become stronger and more focused on every day life and what’s better to come in the future. So thank you all

Glad to hear good news. Be sure that you (eventually) will relapse in ruminations maybe for a day or for some days (like anyone).

Be kind to yourself then and remember that have bad days is totally normal :) , just dont ruminate your mistakes, perfection is the enemy

My nickname came from a book I found awesome ("You are not a rock") maybe you find it interesting because I think you are in the perfect point for benefiting you for it.

On 07/05/2022 at 06:21, NotRock said:

My nickname came from a book I found awesome ("You are not a rock") maybe you find it interesting because I think you are in the perfect point for benefiting you for it.

That is a good book and I agree an excellent guide to continue on the path to recovery once the initial reduction of compulsions are addressed and one is ready to move to adding in a lot of positive moves into their life. 

@Kcbell92 Awesome to read of the improvements made!!

Edited by L.M.
On 07/05/2022 at 16:25, PolarBear said:

BONUS!

I know I can be a pain sometimes, not dealing with your current concern and dragging your attention to what's underlying the problem, but I know it works.

Proud of you!

Yes thank you and I understand what your doing and trying to just have me see by not “being nice” and such is all just to help me in the end as I realized it does, now when I do have occasional ruminating moments off obsessions, I actually don’t ask others for re assurance bc I know it’s not gonna help only badly hurt me so I learn to counter it on my own and understand the worry for what it really is, just a worry. Nothing more, never severe if it is bad at all in the end and there’s always ways around it, life goes on

Hi Kcbell

It's great to read of your progress, and nice to see Polarbear given the credit he so richly deserves.

I KNOW from my own journey that if we truly apply what we learn from CBT  and use additional tools suitable to our own needs ( with me plenty of structure to my week, and involved beneficial activities) we can claw back from OCD what it has been cruelly taking from us.

Keep working what you are learning, and all the best from me.

14 hours ago, taurean said:

Hi Kcbell

It's great to read of your progress, and nice to see Polarbear given the credit he so richly deserves.

I KNOW from my own journey that if we truly apply what we learn from CBT  and use additional tools suitable to our own needs ( with me plenty of structure to my week, and involved beneficial activities) we can claw back from OCD what it has been cruelly taking from us.

Keep working what you are learning, and all the best from me.

Hey thank you. Even with all the Truama I’ve suffered from at a young age in life, I’ve learned to just overcome it. Don’t pity my past and my mistakes and even issues I had no control over, live on move on, grow from it. Being i work 60-70 hours a week, I am keeping busy and being positive, now I’m attending a New York Mets baseball game this weekend. Everything is going to be okay, and CBT is the king therapy for me, I’ve learned tremendous amounts from it