Head fizzing, headache and can’t focus

I’m finding that every day for a large part my brain feels like it is fizzing. I can’t focus on things and I get lots of headaches. This is even when I’m not experiencing intrusive thoughts. Feels like my brain needs to have a reset!

Anyone else experienced similar and how do you overcome it? Thank you 😊 

I get this a lot. It's a very common symptom that comes with anxiety. I find mindfulness really helpful whenever I get like this. Just taking a few minutes to meditate or listen to some relaxing nature music really helps me. It's really important though to try and not focus on the sensation or worry/ruminate about it, as that tends to make it worse in my experience.

I use the Medito app which is the only completely free meditation app out there (all the others you have to pay a subscription for or have to listen to ads). It's really good and has a lot of helpful meditations and nature music.

Thanks very much Lynz, you’re right I think I do ruminate a lot about everything that goes on in my head which no doubt keeps it going.

Upsetting thoughts, unable to concentrate, tinnitus, insomnia - they feed off each other. Finding it really difficult to stop myself thinking about it and trying to figure it  all out which probably makes it all worse.

7 hours ago, Mini said:

how do you overcome it?

I try to have a few diversionary tactics ready.  I am getting into small plants and spending time just giving them attention.  I am rewarded by this, my new lavender plant is bursting into life and now showing multiple flowers.  I also keep on the lookout for new birds and try to identify them.

All small things, but they relax the mind.