Travelling abroad with ocd

So as many of you most likely know from reading previous posts me and my boyfriend have had an extremely awful couple of months, I gave him an ultimatum and stuck by it while looking after myself and my mental health and I have seen a massive change but I’m not saying anything until I’ve seen that change throughout. He’s recently been getting paid quite well in his job and randomly said something I thought I’d never hear ….. ‘I’d like to take to you Bora Bora let’s have a look at holidays it’ll be my treat for your birthday’ logical mind = that’s so lovely and thoughtful it’ll be our first holiday together , OCD mind = your not even going to get past the doors of the airport without running away. And it’s true :( I am in absolutely no state whatsoever to travel abroad right now, I know it would be amazing exposure but that is one step way ahead. I of course haven’t told him to a full extent about my ocd and anxiety but he’s really excited and is sending me loads of resorts saying it’s my choice. It’s so lovely and thoughtful but I just can’t do it this year, I’m starting a new job and my ocd has been awful this year I’m recovering from an extreme low. 

We haven’t even slept in the same bed together because of my ocd fears, I haven’t burped or ‘popped off’ in front of him like comfortable couples do so maybe I need to do them things first before jumping the gun and going on holiday with him. I know I should say I’m not really fit to go on holiday right now but I just wish I was like that, somebody  who would absolutely be up for an amazing holiday ☹️

21 hours ago, ocdjonesy said:

Or option b, you go on holiday.  

I second this. You don't know that you won't cope. You fear that you might not cope and you're telling yourself it will be too much when you've actually no idea what potential problems or good experiences you'll be dealing with. A holiday in a different environment might be just what you need to get you out of you 'OCD head'  and might help you relax after a difficult year.

Take a deep breath, stop catastrophising and go!