Really bad harm urges

I don’t think I can do it anymore. My harm thoughts and urges are so bad I feel like I’m going to hurt somebody but I really don’t want to I’m so scared, what if I do hurt somebody? What if I loose control? I’m sorry I’m just really panicking and I’m so scared 

I experience this too, I have been reading the book overcoming unwanted, intrusive thoughts by Sally M. Winston and Martin N. Self and it has helped massively, it basically explains the more brain, sciencey part as to why we get intrusive thoughts and why we react/what reacts in our brains and why they stick more than other thoughts. It’s really educational and also really helpful xx

Hi @Rosie01

I am really sorry that you're struggling so much. I'm not really sure if I can say something wise or helpful, but I do want to remind you, as I'm sure you already know this, that urges are part of OCD and you have to treat them the same way you treat the intrusive thoughts. They will go away eventually as long as you don't get scared by them and give them no importance.

Stay strong, Rosie! I'm sending you hugs and lots of support. x

Edited by Cora