Struggling In recovery Pure OCD

I am really struggling for the past 6 months and I am back in therapy. And I am finding it so difficult to put in place what I am suppose to be doing. My therapist is nearly a form of reassurance and I am that sensitive everything she is saying is triggering me. My ocd has jumped theme's over the years and the one I've had for the past eight years is analysing the intrusive thoughts around me and my personality, my character am an confident person am I strong. I've spoke to the therapist and she has told me to treat these as ocd thought stop doing compulsions. On a deep level I know its ocd but I can't seem to sake them off or let them go. It's so tiring and I feel so anxious like it's a never ending nightmare. I just want to be free but then I doubt myself maybe there is something wrong here maybe this is a real issue not an ocd issue. When I see the intrusive thoughts as ocd I feel good confident etc... then the ocd is like a running commentary in the back round. I was ontop of this before and was out on my own. Now I feel I am back to having difficulty believing myself. Really worrying about recovery I had ocd from I was 18 I am 41 now. I have had a couple of ocd free years and they where absolutely bliss. I prayer I will get better again 🙏 😞 

“Pure O” is not a diagnosis it was just made up by PM & he says there is no medical basis behind it. I like to think it’s more like GAD, but you say you have compulsions?

GAD is:

People may experience:

Pain areas: in the back

Whole body: fatigue, lightheadedness, or sweating

Behavioral: hypervigilance, irritability, or restlessness

Cognitive: lack of concentration or unwanted thoughts

Psychological: severe anxiety or fear

Also common: emotional distress, excessive worry, difficulty falling asleep, headache, nausea, palpitations, repeatedly going over thoughts, or trembling

16 hours ago, angels said:

I am really struggling for the past 6 months and I am back in therapy. And I am finding it so difficult to put in place what I am suppose to be doing. My therapist is nearly a form of reassurance and I am that sensitive everything she is saying is triggering me. My ocd has jumped theme's over the years and the one I've had for the past eight years is analysing the intrusive thoughts around me and my personality, my character am an confident person am I strong. I've spoke to the therapist and she has told me to treat these as ocd thought stop doing compulsions. On a deep level I know its ocd but I can't seem to sake them off or let them go. It's so tiring and I feel so anxious like it's a never ending nightmare. I just want to be free but then I doubt myself maybe there is something wrong here maybe this is a real issue not an ocd issue. When I see the intrusive thoughts as ocd I feel good confident etc... then the ocd is like a running commentary in the back round. I was ontop of this before and was out on my own. Now I feel I am back to having difficulty believing myself. Really worrying about recovery I had ocd from I was 18 I am 41 now. I have had a couple of ocd free years and they where absolutely bliss. I prayer I will get better again 🙏 😞 

Hi angels,

I'm so sorry you're really struggling right now after having some OCD free years. It absolutely sucks but that doesn't mean you can't get back to where you were or even a better place still :)

You mentioned that you keep questioning your personality, if you are confident/strong, why do you think you're questioning yourself in this way? What is worrying you about if you are confident or strong?

Gemma 

Hi Gemma thank you I hope to get back on track soon, badly I really do, I think it's just that these things are important to me  and because there is no certainty to any ocd question it has latched on and won't let go. My mind is just looking for answers and no answer is enough. When I get thoughts my compulsion is to overanalysis the thought and what it means about me. 

Thanks

Claire