Non functioning

I’m really bad, I’m at the non functioning point

I’m on quintiapine but that mostly just makes me sleep. When I’m awake it makes my mind foggy but that can be unhelpful because when I get a trigger I can’t think 

The sayings are ridiculously bad and controlling everything I do

The quintiapine gives me just enough relief for a few hours of struggling functioning and then I don’t have the mental fortitude to do anything

My health anxiety is through the roof, lumps everywhere

Im hyper focused on my left boob which feels uncomfortable for some reason, most likely because I’m hyper focused on it

im obsessed with my nipples leaking

obsessed with my mouth

obsessed with my belly button

I don’t know what to do

I’m sorry you feel so bad. I had a rotten time on quetiapine - I wasn’t on it for long though so maybe I didn’t give it a chance. Are you seeing a psychiatrist any time soon?

The first question I would be asking is "Why am I being prescribed this particular drug? What improvements and outcome are we hoping for?"  The aim of a medication is to improve current problems, at least in part if not entirely but overall the outcome should be a beneficial one.  On balance (reading your report) there doesn't appear to be any improvement.  Your OCD looks as bad as ever and there are other side-effects which are causing significant problems.  No point taking a medication for the sake of it if it isn't helping.  Don't stop taking it but speak to whoever prescribed it and ask for it to be reviewed

On 25/05/2022 at 03:04, daja said:

I’m sorry you feel so bad. I had a rotten time on quetiapine - I wasn’t on it for long though so maybe I didn’t give it a chance. Are you seeing a psychiatrist any time soon?

The drug does tend to be prescribed by a psychiatrist al least in the first instance. And I think a GP would refer to a psychiatrist if a change is due. So a good question. How are you doing?

On 25/05/2022 at 16:59, Caramoole said:

The first question I would be asking is "Why am I being prescribed this particular drug? What improvements and outcome are we hoping for?"  The aim of a medication is to improve current problems, at least in part if not entirely but overall the outcome should be a beneficial one.  On balance (reading your report) there doesn't appear to be any improvement.  Your OCD looks as bad as ever and there are other side-effects which are causing significant problems.  No point taking a medication for the sake of it if it isn't helping.  Don't stop taking it but speak to whoever prescribed it and ask for it to be reviewed

The quintiapine is for when I’m really bad, it’s supposed to help ease things but it does this by making me sleep for 24 hours plus and then making me dopey when I wake up, it also makes me eat. I have asked the psychiatrist before, he is away until July now. He gave me another pill but it made me constantly tired and ill. 

3 hours ago, Angst said:

The drug does tend to be prescribed by a psychiatrist al least in the first instance. And I think a GP would refer to a psychiatrist if a change is due. So a good question. How are you doing?

Hi Angst I agree. How am I doing do you mean or how is Phili doing?

1 hour ago, Phili said:

. I have asked the psychiatrist before, he is away until July now. He gave me another pill but it made me constantly tired and ill. 

July is a long way away. :unsure: Is the psychiatrist actually 'away' and unavailable until then, or is that just when you have your next planned appointment/review? Perhaps you could contact his secretary and ask to be reviewed earlier? If he's on holiday then, as Daja said, there'll be somebody covering for him who you could speak to instead.

The quintiapine is for when I’m really bad, it’s supposed to help ease things but it does this by making me sleep for 24 hours plus and then making me dopey when I wake up, it also makes me eat

'For when I'm really bad' makes it sound like you take it just on the bad days and not regularly?? Surely not? :confused1:

I agree with Caramoole, based on how much you say you're obsessing about lumps and doing compulsive sayings this medication isn't easing the OCD. Meanwhile the side-effects are particularly unacceptable for someone in your situation.

As we discussed on another thread, getting your weight down and being more awake are essential first steps to you being in a better routine and healthier way of living. When you start to achieve that your OCD and health anxiety will become easier to tackle. It's pointless taking a pill to ease your OCD if its side-effects do things that make tackling your OCD harder within the full picture.

I don't know what other meds you've tried over the years or how well you got on with them and it's not our place to make medication suggestions anyway. But if you've tried several medications and they all make you sleepy and eat more then you may have to discuss with your psychiatrist whether medication (for your OCD) is the right route for you.

Don't stop it without speaking to your psychiatrist or GP. But push for it to be reviewed asap. When that happens you need to point out that the side-effects are damaging your best attempts to turn your life around. It's not just some side-effects that you have to put up with like everybody who takes these drugs. These unwanted effects matter hugely for you as an individual given that daytime routine and weight loss are two of your goals.