On 28/06/2022 at 18:27, LauraOCDUK said:

Hi Twistedviolet (JA) - welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear that your diagnosis has helped to explain things for you. OCD can be incredibly distressing and debilitating, but as a charity we focus on helping people take steps towards recovery and understanding that what you are struggling with is OCD is the first step. We have lots of resources about recovery, let me know if you'd like me to signpost you to some. Recovery looks different for everyone but for me the easiest way to explain it is that OCD used to feel like a heavy, crushing fog surrounding me that it was hard to see beyond. Now it feels more like a bunch of tiny mosquitos buzzing around me - persistent and annoying, but I can swat them away and know strategies for keeping them at bay (doing exposure work especially!)

Music can be so helpful can't it! It's something we've discussed in support groups before too, maybe we should start a music thread to hear what people find particularly helpful 🙂

Hi Laura,

That would be incredibly helpful. Ever since I have been diagnosed with OCD, I always find myself researching about it to find out more. It’s reassuring to see other people feel the same way I do, it makes me feel less isolated and gives me hope for recovery. 

- JA

On 02/07/2022 at 12:10, Twistedviolet said:

Hi Laura,

That would be incredibly helpful. Ever since I have been diagnosed with OCD, I always find myself researching about it to find out more. It’s reassuring to see other people feel the same way I do, it makes me feel less isolated and gives me hope for recovery. 

- JA

Hope these are helpful TwistedViolet:

These conference recordings on our website (which are free to view) might also be useful:

We often talk about recovery in the online support groups too 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...