Amitryptaline for sleep

Hey everybody, I’ve just taken my first amitryptaline 10mg to help aid my sleep a little more. Very apprehensive of course because my ocd latched onto the ‘not getting enough sleep’ but I feel quite sedated already, not tired but relaxed. I just wanted to ask if anybody else has had any experience on this medication for their sleep? :) 

I was on for pain but it didn't work. For sleep, medically I use quetiapine. On the side I use theanine and melatonin my therapist suggested and they really help.

Hope you get some sleep!!!

I've been on it for some time.  It might make you a bit dizzy for a couple of days when you start taking it so if you're noticing that at all don't worry about it it goes away.  It generally helps me sleep better sometimes depending on various stuff but I'm on it for pain due to my f*cked up skeleton not as a sleep aid.  A lot of people do find that it totally knocks them out though so you may get lucky.

Thank you everybody, I took it last night and noticed I felt extremely relaxed everywhere, it also made me extremely sleepy after about 2 hours of taking it and I’ve woken up with quite the ‘sleep hangover’ which isn’t ideal as I’m going to work soon! But I do recommend it if anybody is struggling to sleep :)  I usually struggle to sleep through the night and I managed to sleep all the way through which was lovely!