Some things I want to say

Well, in these months of recovery there have been ups and downs. I have worked on some compulsions and activities that help increase my tolerance. I thought that stopping doing compulsions was going to be super difficult (I'm still working on two but it's weird).

I've been working a bit on the groinal response, at night it's hard for me to sleep because I put myself in a position where I don't feel these sensations. But in these last few weeks I try not to do it, I don't know if I'm doing it right because sometimes I filled my head with good thoughts. Now I don't do it as much anymore, I don't feel the sensations so much anymore.

I'm still afraid of being what my thoughts tell me and I know it's going to take me a long time to get over it. Although I am concerned about not taking ERP and still improving :/.

I take 100mg of sertraline in the morning and 75mg of clomipramine in the night. So if I don't have ocd the medication would not work and cause me a serotonin syndrome, right? So that means that I have ocd.

20 hours ago, anthu said:

I take 100mg of sertraline in the morning and 75mg of clomipramine in the night. So if I don't have ocd the medication would not work and cause me a serotonin syndrome, right? So that means that I have ocd

You are being listened to.  However I am neither medically nor clinically qualified so I cannot answer this question.

20 hours ago, anthu said:

I have worked on some compulsions and activities that help increase my tolerance. I thought that stopping doing compulsions was going to be super difficult (I'm still working on two but it's weird).

I found that working on stopping compulsions can be difficult but with some determination to be in a better place I have found that I am slowly seeing results.

On 29/06/2022 at 02:26, anthu said:

I take 100mg of sertraline in the morning and 75mg of clomipramine in the night. So if I don't have ocd the medication would not work and cause me a serotonin syndrome, right? So that means that I have ocd.

Sounds like you're looking for reassurance, anthu. :unsure:

Are you having difficulty accepting your symptoms are OCD?

On 30/06/2022 at 07:32, snowbear said:

Sounds like you're looking for reassurance, anthu. :unsure:

Well yes, sometimes I repeat to myself that I have OCD for that reason (the medication thing and how that hasn't caused me anything bad).

On 30/06/2022 at 07:32, snowbear said:

Are you having difficulty accepting your symptoms are OCD?

I'm putting into practice accepting everything as part of the OCD. Although my mind overanalyzes things. It's like "Am I getting better too fast?", "I'll let it go from now on but what if I'm really a monster?" or "I don't receive ERP so why I'm getting better?"

I still feel a certain mistrust towards myself ugh I would like to rest from all this at least for a day.

On 29/06/2022 at 16:49, northpaul said:

I found that working on stopping compulsions can be difficult but with some determination to be in a better place I have found that I am slowly seeing results.

My therapist told me that I am disciplined so that must be why I am able to make good progress(?).

Edited by anthu
6 minutes ago, anthu said:

My therapist told me that I am disciplined so that must be why I am able to make good progress(?).

Discipline, desire to see recovery and determination are indeed good attributes to have as you move along the road to recovery.  If each day on your journey is better than the last one then that is a positive step in the right direction.  It does not matter about the size of the steps so long as they are forward.

11 hours ago, northpaul said:

Discipline, desire to see recovery and determination are indeed good attributes to have as you move along the road to recovery.  If each day on your journey is better than the last one then that is a positive step in the right direction.  It does not matter about the size of the steps so long as they are forward.

Thank you very much :( It helps me not to feel so bad about myself

On 29/06/2022 at 02:26, anthu said:

I am medically qualified, and can tell you that’s incorrect :). Without going into the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (we would be here for days) it wouldn’t necessarily give you serotonin syndrome