I am really struggling with ROCD (at least I think it's ROCD I really don't know anymore) my girlfriend said to me last night that she feels I'm happier when I'm around people I work with and there was some truth to that as I don't get the thoughts as bad at work... Now my mind is In over ride! My mind is telling me I'm not happy which does actually make me unhappy and I can't get out of this mind set.

Also does anyone else with OCD get scared when introducing there partner to family of friends? I seem to get scared incase they don't like my partner so I usually try and avoid it 😭 this upsets me because I want to do things with friends and my gf without worrying what other think.

I'm so scared and upset.

6 hours ago, Coolcam said:

My mind is telling me I'm not happy which does actually make me unhappy and I can't get out of this mind set.

I seem to get scared incase they don't like my partner

Both of these are points where you give meaning to your thoughts/feelings/ experiences.

This is an important area of intervention as in OCD the meaning given to things is typically unrealistic or false.

Try to identify what it is you tell yourself 'being unhappy' and 'what somebody not liking my partner' means for you. Chances are you've imagined some catastrophic and totally unrealistic consequences in your mind.

Aim to get a grip on these imaginings and make them more realistic.

For example,

'I'm not happy' :( and that means...  Life is over, I'll never be happy again :crybaby: 

And you support these exaggerated beliefs with ideas such as 'I ought to be happy all the time, shouldn't I?' :unsure: and misunderstandings like 'I'm not in control of my own happiness, it depends on external factors like...' (Happiness depends on internal factors - learn what they are and how to control them and you can create your own happy feelings no matter what you were feeling initially.)

Now it's your turn. Try 'Somebody not liking my partner means...' and work out what catastrophic imaginings and false support beliefs lie behind that. Then you can reassess your thinking and come up with more realistic and genuine outcomes.