So I’ve had great success with the lower end of my hierarchy, I no longer check plugs or taps like I would before leaving the house. However, now we are onto higher ish levels of my hierarchy including all things contamination and harming others accidentally etc. I can’t even put pen to paper here, let alone imagine starting to expose myself and purposely do stuff. It just seems, impossible. I just can’t imagine doing it, at all. I am determined I want to be well. This is no way to be living. But, I dunno.. I just can’t imagine it. I want to be strong, so we’ll see?!? Anyone else feel this way? Thanks for reading 

Hi :] I do understand how you feel. Many times I have had the opportunity to expose myself when I go outside but I don't do it.

"You have to go ahead. Just keep going, don't think too much about what you're doing. Then one day you'll realize you've drastically changed."

I know it's hard but I think this advice can help you.

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I do need to just switch off mentally and like you said I just have to go for it, I know there is no other way. Life is so hectic sometimes it’s just finding the time to break the cycles too that I’m in.  How are you getting on are you going through ERP yourself at the moment?

8 hours ago, GreenyGreen23 said:

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I do need to just switch off mentally and like you said I just have to go for it, I know there is no other way. Life is so hectic sometimes it’s just finding the time to break the cycles too that I’m in.  How are you getting on are you going through ERP yourself at the moment?

Unfortunately, I do not have ERP, but I receive CBT. I work on my compulsions and it's difficult for me to accept going out.