Sweating on newspapers at work

I am usually going around with latexgloves, because I don't want the prints on my hands and it's better for other people. It was really hot today and I am usually sweating inside the gloves but it's ok because it's not leaking... But today it was and I noticed, well I don't know how long after it started I noticed. So I feel kinda bad about it. If it was someone else who did it I would be angry and now it was me. 

I am not panicking but it feels very wrong, an offence, by me...

You're making a big deal out of nothing. 

I think it might help to identify your thought process and by that, understand how it's so faulty. Usually people with intrusive thought take something, put a meaning on it and then draw conclusions from that.

Like this: 

Random moment/thought/situation → Giving it a meaning → Drawing conclusions from that

Now if we would take your situation into consideration, this would look like this:

"I was sweating on the newspapers"  → "This is is disgusting" → "This makes me therefore a disgusting person."

Maybe you should try to re-evaluate the meaning of sweating on newspapers? How about:

"I was sweating on the newspapers" → "It's meaningless" → "There is no more to it"

You just need to question your very thought process in itself and by that understand, how you actually blow up meaningless stuff into something big. 

Edited by discuccsant
20 hours ago, discuccsant said:

You're making a big deal out of nothing. 

I think it might help to identify your thought process and by that, understand how it's so faulty. Usually people with intrusive thought take something, put a meaning on it and then draw conclusions from that.

Like this: 

Random moment/thought/situation → Giving it a meaning → Drawing conclusions from that

Now if we would take your situation into consideration, this would look like this:

"I was sweating on the newspapers"  → "This is is disgusting" → "This makes me therefore a disgusting person."

Maybe you should try to re-evaluate the meaning of sweating on newspapers? How about:

"I was sweating on the newspapers" → "It's meaningless" → "There is no more to it"

You just need to question your very thought process in itself and by that understand, how you actually blow up meaningless stuff into something big. 

Thanks. I am having a big problem with this "normal thing". To know what a normal response would be I need to know what's normal to consider as filthy, dangerous and so on. 

I see all bodily functions as filthy and disgusting and as I see it I try to keep them away from myself and the same to others when it comes to me. 

I was facing the same problem today but I thought I can do differently so I took of the gloves and went barehand. Was pretty stressful and I got big anxiety. So when I get anxiety and stressed because of the things I am afraid of things seems to happen and it can't be a coincident. Today when I was almost done two girls was passing me by on a electric scooter and I felt something on my lower lip, like liquid and I saw one of them put her hand in her face when they had passed me. 

---

I have always had contamination as a theme in my life but mostly have been involving myself in "magical acting and thinking". Last years I am only concerned with filth and such.

Edited by Getmeout

I understand very well how hard it is to actually distinguish between correct worries and OCD induced false worries or interpretations of things.

What helped me was, basically trying to understand, how others would feel about it, if that had happened to them - Would they worry the same as I do? What would I think about them, if that happened to them?

Very often one can actually see how something is not a big deal in itself, but because people with OCD do have a very self-judgmental moral compass, they do judge themselves like as if they did some horrendous crime. Let's take an example:

You were sweating on the newspapers → You are disgusting. 

Angelina Jolie was sweating on the newspapers → She is disgusting. 

Do you agree with both statements? I don't think so. Because very often people with OCD only agree with the first statement, while they don't agree with the second one - and that's because their self-image is somehow very bad. People with OCD also somehow seem to have erased self-compassion. At the same time, though, they are very forgiving towards others. And therein lies the problem and irrationality. Applying two different standards doesn't make any sense.

To correct that, you need to identify WHY you are so hard towards yourself and then try to erase these faulty misconceptions about yourself.

A therapist might be the best to seek out for, because this took me quite some time to actually find out. 

Edited by discuccsant