Thought I was doing ok

Went out for a meal and a young girl was sat on the table next to us,I had awful intrusive images,I am so confused,it was as if I needed to look to check,my therapist has taught me good things but this has totally thrown me

Treat them all the same, ALL of them.  Use the good things your therapist has taught you and apply it to this intrusion.  It's an important part of the lesson to learn otherwise if you keep treating each different intrusive thought "one by one" it will keep you in the endless cycle.  There is one thing, OCD, treat that rather than each thought individually

Caramoole is right. It doesn't matter what the subject matter is of each intrusive thought or obsession. You treat all of them in exactly the same way. Use what your therapist has taught you for this one too. What techniques have you been taught for dealing with your OCD?

It's early days,he's showed me how the brain works and how the limbic system is our old brain if you like that sends up flags and is connected to our new brain that has creation and all other things ,one of those things being judgment,and how the 2 parts of the brain keep you stuck,he's taught me to have theory a and theory b to try and change my internal dialogue and working through different perspectives when I'm triggered by an intrusive thought,also to look at the advantages of not doing a compulsion and disadvantages of doing one, particularly with confession,he said all my obsessions are the same no matter what the theme and it's the meaning I'm giving them,I'm trying to just see this for what they are,just thoughts , this has really thrown me though,I looked at the girls legs to check if It was genuine,the images are enough to make me sick,it's really quite Disturbed me

1 hour ago, Nolightleft said:

It's early days

It is indeed early days for you in therapy.  Let's look at the positives: you have entered into dialogue with your therapist and you are listening.  I can only state my own case.  It took me 20 sessions of therapy to get me to the start of the road to recovery.  As things stand I am still on that road and learning things day by day to keep me on that road.

I urge you to stick in there with your therapist so that the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter for you.  Rome wasn't built in a day.........

Thanks Paul,yeah I'm going to stick with it,my themes have changed alot over the last few months,I've got 5o try and treat them all the same rather than feel like I'm back to square one when one takes centre stage,just curve balled me with this one,the sexual images just knocked me off guard,hard to accept such disgusting things taking place in my head