Just need somebody to talk too

Hi everybody, I’m really struggling today as I was yesterday :( I feel quite alone as there’s nobody I can talk to about my OCD at home, that’s why the forums and the groups are like family.

At the moment I feel like I’m on this carasole, I have really good days and then I have all of these bad days; where I forget about everything I’ve learnt from the groups, from the CBT books etc. it completely goes out of my mind, it’s like somebody’s shouting at me it’s OCD and I’m listening but it’s not processing? I’m not in a heightened state of anxiety either, it literally is just like this gloomy OCD feeling? 

Earlier, I had a moment where I just become completely overwhelmed with everything :( the harm OCD got to much, then I could see in my head me going to prison, my family crying completely catastrophising then I’m like wtf?!! I know this is OCD, so why is it so so good at convincing that it’s not when I literally know it is!! 😭 i think I’m just completely fed up with it

“OCD thoughts can come in as emotional or physical. And this is the number one problem for I would say most people with ocd is yes they understand, they’ve heard people talk about ocd and the themes and all of that but it feels so real. But how can I get past that it feels so real. And you need to start taking That real feeling as nothing more than a symptom of ocd…This is how it goes for everyone… It will feel like you want the thoughts, it will feel like you enjoy the thoughts. That’s normal. You are not the only one experiencing this…You feel like you need to figure it out, you need to solve it, you need to understand. And actually what you need to do is you need to leave it alone…It’s just a symptom”. - Ali Graymond 

Edited by Plaguedbyocd
13 hours ago, Plaguedbyocd said:

“OCD thoughts can come in as emotional or physical. And this is the number one problem for I would say most people with ocd is yes they understand, they’ve heard people talk about ocd and the themes and all of that but it feels so real. But how can I get past that it feels so real. And you need to start taking That real feeling as nothing more than a symptom of ocd…This is how it goes for everyone… It will feel like you want the thoughts, it will feel like you enjoy the thoughts. That’s normal. You are not the only one experiencing this…You feel like you need to figure it out, you need to solve it, you need to understand. And actually what you need to do is you need to leave it alone…It’s just a symptom”. - Ali Graymond 

Thank you for your kind reply @Plaguedbyocd :) I keep trying to remind myself that it’s all symptoms of OCD - which is a medical disorder, not me without trying to do that as reassurance. 

39 minutes ago, njb said:

Great reply plaguedbyocd. Just hoping you feel a little better Summer. 

Thank you @njb :) Yesterday was an extremely hot and humid day, so I felt like I couldn’t breathe or think (my OCD doesn’t do to well on unbearably hot days :( ) I’m feeling okay, @Plaguedbyocd’s reply really helped me actually. I think I just needed a reminder that I need to stop figuring it out, it’s not a race and it’s a symptom of OCD.