I just want to run home

Hi everybody, it’s currently 8:35am and I’ve just gotten in work. I worked from home yesterday so it’s always really tough getting back in the office after WFH. My OCD is currently horrendous, I keep getting these urges that I’m going to strangle a female colleague. I feel awful right now and just want to run away, I just want to run home. Maybe I was kidding myself when I thought I could work full-time? I could just burst out crying right now, I really need somebody to talk too 

22 minutes ago, Keyboard Worrier said:

You've got this, Summer.  :smile:  How are you feeling now?  Have you managed to stay at work?

Thank you @Keyboard Worrier, I’m still in work :) so that’s a win at least! I do feel already exhausted but I’m currently on the support groups so I know that really helps and also breaks up my day. I find when it’s really hot to, I just feel like my thoughts are a lot more stickier 

5 minutes ago, Labmum22 said:

Stay strong Summer 😊the OCD voice is so strong and loud but you can do this. Hope you were able to stay at work 

Thank you @Labmum22 :) I know so much about my OCD and techniques to help it, But I feel like The OCD has sort of kicked me out of the driving seat at the moment and I’m just kind of arguing with it because I want to be back in the driving seat, but I know fighting it is an OCD symptom :( 

1 hour ago, Summer9173 said:

Thank you @Keyboard Worrier, I’m still in work :) so that’s a win at least! I do feel already exhausted but I’m currently on the support groups so I know that really helps and also breaks up my day. I find when it’s really hot to, I just feel like my thoughts are a lot more stickier 

Excellent, that's definitely a win! :thumbup: 

I'm really not a fan of the heat either, hopefully this heatwave won't last too much longer.

1 hour ago, Summer9173 said:

sort of kicked me out of the driving seat at the moment and I’m just kind of arguing with it because I want to be back in the driving seat,

Perhaps it's ok when we are in the zone to be sharing it with OCD. Sometimes we are in the seat and others not and sometimes with OCD. Sums it up. Either way youre in the car 😁

Thank you @Keyboard Worrier and @njbwork was really tough :( my mum picked me up and I said I’d had a tough day, but she started shouting saying Is that me accusing her of being a ‘rubbish mum’ and threw in my face all the things she does for me (none of them were mentally, just stuff like paying the house bills which I contribute too) I just feel so exhausted, I can understand why I feel so low sometimes and it’s got to be external factors that help the OCD too like family life, I just hope I get there soon, but thank you for all your support guys :)