How I Am Spreading Awareness Locally

Those of you who have been here for a  while and know of my own OCD journey, know that I see as part of my role within my community a purpose to spread awareness, and aid people with mental health and anxiety disorders to  find understanding and help.

Recently I was discussing OCD with our local rector, and she commissioned me to write a piece on OCD for the parish newsletter.

It will be coming out in the Autumn, and she and I are quite excited as we feel there are people out there in the church community who are likely sufferers, scared and unaware how  to seek help.

I do of course pass knowledge back into the forum community, but it is really nice to be open within my own community and spreading the word about this condition.

Meanwhile, I am pleased to report that I am, myself, still doing very well, ignoring all the issues of the world at large about which I can personally do nothing, and planning some local trips with my wife once the heatwave is over. 

Top of that list is a visit to the Althorp Estate, seat of the Spencer family for 500 years, and which lies only 4 miles away from us. It only opens in the summer  months so we will try and do that soon.