Thinking I've touched things I haven't

Hello,

My main thing at the moment is walking by something or being near something I don't want to touch and thinking I've touched it.  I'm not sure if this is OCD or something else.  I don't know how to stop it.  I have to say to myself, did you feel yourself touch it?  etc. Then I ask whoever I am with, did I touch that? I'm sure it's all part of OCD but it feels so real...

12 hours ago, Handy said:

Ghost touching I refer to it as. But consider what is the evidence there was contact?  

Thank you.  That's what I'm now trying to do but it's very difficult... 

13 hours ago, gloomwood said:

I have this...I wasn't sure it was OCD either. I've also felt like (and this might not make sense) but if watch someone else touch something I can also feel like I've touched it 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hi, I have that too :D 

3 hours ago, Busy Fool said:

Hi, I have that too :D 

Omg really? I like the phrase ghost touching. It's worse in certain places like toilets or places my brain thinks are dirty. I can wash and disinfect my hands but I still feel like I've touched everything and be spreading it everywhere.

6 hours ago, gloomwood said:

Omg really? I like the phrase ghost touching. It's worse in certain places like toilets or places my brain thinks are dirty. I can wash and disinfect my hands but I still feel like I've touched everything and be spreading it everywhere.

Yes, me too.  I walk by something and feel it on my skin, where I would have touched it if I really had and can't relax until I either clean it or really fight the compulsion...

I have this too! I’m sometimes trying to get to sleep and think of something I’ve seen like a discarded face mask and my ocd goes into overdrive. I’ve found laying there and the thought clears and the next day it’s forgotten. When they started I’d be up washing and washing. It does get easier 😊

18 hours ago, Labmum22 said:

I have this too! I’m sometimes trying to get to sleep and think of something I’ve seen like a discarded face mask and my ocd goes into overdrive. I’ve found laying there and the thought clears and the next day it’s forgotten. When they started I’d be up washing and washing. It does get easier 😊

Thank you.  I have a thing about face masks too :)