I saw a green light. Laser?

Just when I was going home today there was a car in front of me and I suddenly saw something green from it. Like a flash. I saw it taking off from outside known criminals in the town so that makes it even more likely that it was a laser. I mean it was pretty dark outside and seems pretty strange that my imagination could play me such a trick.

Reason I worry about lasers is becuse well they are not good for your eyesight.

1 hour ago, Getmeout said:

Just when I was going home today there was a car in front of me and I suddenly saw something green from it. Like a flash. I saw it taking off from outside known criminals in the town so that makes it even more likely that it was a laser. I mean it was pretty dark outside and seems pretty strange that my imagination could play me such a trick.

Reason I worry about lasers is becuse well they are not good for your eyesight.

There’s always reflections and deflections from lights, honestly I wouldn’t worry about it. Your mind can also play tricks on you.

I was adamant I seen Santa many a time before the age of 10! So please don’t worry about it, it’s just in your head and nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, Lewis96 said:

There’s always reflections and deflections from lights, honestly I wouldn’t worry about it. Your mind can also play tricks on you.

I was adamant I seen Santa many a time before the age of 10! So please don’t worry about it, it’s just in your head and nothing to worry about. 

I was very tired so I give you that. But I can swear I saw something green, like a trafficlight. Just a flash. I have been worried many times about lasers.

Normally I would have had gone crazy about this but I have been pretty relaxed it to be fair, it's like I get tired and angry at  anxiety itself so therefore I have a little resistance this time. I don't want to be a slave under anxiety

7 minutes ago, Getmeout said:

I was very tired so I give you that. But I can swear I saw something green, like a trafficlight. Just a flash. I have been worried many times about lasers.

Normally I would have had gone crazy about this but I have been pretty relaxed it to be fair, it's like I get tired and angry at  anxiety itself so therefore I have a little resistance this time. I don't want to be a slave under anxiety

There probably was something, a car indicator? a shop light? Traffic Light reflection? Was it raining? Was it dark? A faulty street light?

They're are lots of different things it could have been, honestly I wouldn’t worry about it too much, I know your mind will be racing but it’s not worth getting yourself worked up over, hope you’re okay

1 hour ago, Lewis96 said:

There probably was something, a car indicator? a shop light? Traffic Light reflection? Was it raining? Was it dark? A faulty street light?

They're are lots of different things it could have been, honestly I wouldn’t worry about it too much, I know your mind will be racing but it’s not worth getting yourself worked up over, hope you’re okay

It's a small town and there is no green lights, not a traffic light in the whole town and I seriously don't know what it was. I was looking down and suddenly I looked up and I saw a green flash in the back mirror of the car. This is my strongest bet and what I honestly would bet on. Probably intentional because the situation seems strange to me. and it was green.

Well I already got another thing to worry about. I went home to my parents and thought that I should help them. I cut the lawn then I got into the toilet which is filthy so I thought that I could expose myself to the filth. I took a sponge and removed mold in the duschcabinet. When I was doing this I opened their cabinet (there is some mold) I got anxious and here somehwere did I forget what I did. What I am questioning is if I washed my hands after being done, after closing the cabinet. Because there are brown stains ont he top of it, where the brown spots are there are also water so that indicated that I touched it there at the brown.... 

I really hope I washed my hands... Before I went outside their toilet. 

I do recognize that this is confession but today was tough. It seems like things are happening when I let my guard down. Or is it just that I am normally living a life where I do my best to keep myself safe and I am not accepting the "normal events" which happens to people all the time. I don't know. But I do know that their house if filthy and especially the toilet..

well. I will never know for sure. All I can do is to go to the eye doctor and get my retina checked. I need to go there anyway because I need glasses. That will be the verdict. damaged or not, If I am damaged it have happened the last years because it was a couple of years since I was going. 

IT was a strong light and I eel l ike it cacme from the side mirror. The ccar had toned glasses so it is possible it came from inside the car. Laser or not all I can do is to sit with the current. I am usuually getting very angry after incidents like this,  wondering about how angry I should be because if the worst case scenario is true then it's a crime. But I feel like I have been able to push those thoughts away since it happened.

On 22/07/2022 at 22:47, Getmeout said:

If you have an obsession about lazers, and harm from them, what might you do?

You treat it the same as any other OCD obsession. You learn CBT, and how to see the OCD creating those connections and shouting threat in your ear.

Then you learn not to believe it, not to connect with it, nor to carry out compulsions as a result of it.

And, as with any other obsession and resultant fear/ threat, you learn to overcome it.

Edited by taurean