Getting married on Saturday

Hi everyone,

I am getting married on Saturday which is great but my OCD is playing me up so much. My dad has just got out of hospital after being rather poorly and the anxiety is crippling today.

Why can such a happy time cause so much anxiety and does anyone have any tips to make the next few days more peaceful mentally?

Thanks for reading x

Edited by Serenity77
Amendment to typing

Oh I'm so sorry. I'm currently finding that I am super anxious during what should be a happy, celebratory time. Are there coping strategies that have worked for you in the past? Or are there things that could be making the anxiety worse (such as a lack of sleep?).

That sounds so difficult and I find there are always lots of 'should' thoughts around when 'happy' events are around like I should feel this or I should feel that. My advice would be when you notice those shoulds just witness what is instead of how you feel it should be. I find mindfulness really helpful for those times but I know others roll their eyes at it - but I try to notice my surroundings - what I can see, hear, smell, what my breath is like - to bring me out of my head / thoughts 

I hope that helps a bit  & congratulations on the wedding 

Thanks everyone. I am going to try to go with the flow and not put too much pressure on myself.

I know OCD likes to try to ruin any positive things we have going on and when I am happy OCD likes to remind me that the bully is still about.

Am going to take each minute and each hour as it comes over the next couple of days and try to keep with the positives x