Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you at peace.

I have been doing well with my OCD but am in the midst of a relapse.

It's horrible.

No need, I think, to go in to the specific nature of my thoughts. It's the same old stuff and all OCD.

I do think this latest episode is to do with the fact that I am now on holiday and have been looking forward to it so much. It's always the way with my OCD: just when I think I can relax and enjoy something I have been really looking forward to it, ambushes me like an anaconda and wraps me in its coils. I know that the harder I struggle the more the anaconda's coils will tighten but sometimes I just can't help it.

It's nowhere near as overwhelming as it used to be. I am better these days at just carrying on, letting the thoughts blare away in the background like some horrific radio station. But this particular episode is exhausting me.

God, I hate this condition. I know it is pointless saying that but I need to. I hate it so, so much.

I just want to be left alone.

I would be grateful for any advice, guidance and support.

Sending out love to you all,

Gx.

You’re not alone! I was also doing really well and I’ve had a massive relapse too. Always the same stuff that comes back. For me personally I find it really hard to imagine getting out of the relapse but it will definitely happen and it will for you too 😊

Try your best to enjoy your holiday!

Always happens to me too .

best thing I ever found to help is to say “the wolves are running “ -it’s a quote from childhood to show . But basically I see it as an enemy wolf out to get me and I tell myself I’m not going to let it win. It makes me aware that it’s ocd coming after me and nothing more . It’s a bit like “oh look it’s that pesky ocd again”.

hope you get what I mean , it’s always helped me .