Hi Tough at times :)

I have heard lots of people say they wake up anxious so you are definitely not alone. The only way to lose anxiety like all other emotions is to accept that it is there and to get on with your day. Emotions come and go and won't last forever, as long as we don't buy into them (like trying to work out why you're anxious).

Also, when you're anxious you're more likely to be irritable and get intrusive thoughts, so again accept this as part of anxiety and be compassionate with yourself :)

Gemma

Me too. I am normally having a lovely dream with no ocd thoughts in it then I wake up back to the real world and the thoughts are here straight away. I have e this illness but to over come it you have to accept the thoughts for what they are. Just not important thoughts. Which is harder said then done.

Cortisol our stress hormone is highest in AM.  Serotonin is depleted. So we obsess about stress.  Get up & exercise to reverse these.

If you drink alcohol night before your serotonin is even more depleted when you wake up.