I had a hole in my shoe

I have used these shoes forever and I haven't checked them since I don't know when. So when I looked at them there was a 1 cm hole in my right shoe at the heel. I am going around on tarmaac a lot and it's not too unusual that there is diesel and other chemicals from cars. I wonder how long I have come in constant contact with these chemicals. 

Are you getting any help for your OCD? Your posts are consistently about perceived harm coming to you. New obsessions often several times a week. If you don't learn a new way to deal with these obsessions, you are bound to keep running around in circles.

20 hours ago, Getmeout said:

I have used these shoes forever and I haven't checked them since I don't know when. So when I looked at them there was a 1 cm hole in my right shoe at the heel. I am going around on tarmaac a lot and it's not too unusual that there is diesel and other chemicals from cars. I wonder how long I have come in constant contact with these chemicals. 

I know the problem well. First rule is that we should not be debating this - but if we were to ... I see lots of people going around with flip-flops, especially this time of the year, and no socks. They are all picking up all sorts every day and not at all concerned or dying because of it. Also, it could have been weeks or at least days that you've had that hole and you've survived. Whereas I wouldn't walk around with any holes right now as my OCD isn't great, I used to have holes in my shoes, and bits of dirt and stones getting in all the time before OCD and I never thought anything of it.

Edited by OCD_Guy_UK

I like the idea of Getmeout 'running around in circles'(idiom), making a hole in his shoe.

@Getmeout obviously you are catastrophising again. There are only certain chemicals that can cause skin damage. So if your skin is okay in that potentially exposed area then you are okay.

Maybe you should find something to focus on; where would you like to live and what would you really like to do with your life?

Edited by howard