Construction workers damaged the tv at my parents house

I am angry as hell. The construction workers who was here this week has clearly damaged my parents television. It has a crack in the screen and is damaged. I am fuming to be short. This triggers my anxiety as hell, because as everybody we have had EXTREM problems with them. 

It's a friday night and I am fuming, it also triggers my other thoughts, there was an incident with the clothes where there was streaks. 

Edited by Getmeout

This is the worst summer in my life and it is 100%%!! stressrelated. BY real events. REal events which triggers my weak mind, I agree on that last one. 

But it all comes down to my life situation, I feel maxed out, I am at the top of my stress levels. And it all comes down to having to parent two older parents. I guess the thing with the clothes is could be OCD but yeah I am stressed out and feeling bad. And writing about it makes me feel a miniscule bit better.

Edited by Getmeout
6 minutes ago, Veryblue said:

Should your parents move to accommodate you and your OCD?

they should move because they can't take care of a two leveled* house which is so old it needs a lot of things done. Floors, walls and many more things needs to be replaced because of old age. IF they moved to a house with rental a person (who can handle these things) have the responsibility. My parents are over 70 years old and you really need to do things on your own if you live in a house which you own. 

You need to be a lawyer to take care of construction workers these days... 

They seems to be totl assholes, who even smashes a tv and just run away. A normal person would face up to the facts and said as it was DIRECTLY. When I talked to my parents today they said that there was a lot of dust underneath the windows. I can only imagine how incompetent they are and I wonder what nasty stu was in the dust...

Edited by Getmeout

Your parents have a different view of their home to the one you have of it. The problem is you are determined to stay stuck in your particular parents/child dynamic.

I understand your feelings towards construction workers. (I am living on a construction site, or it for at least the next two years!)

But those are your own subjective views and that colours the way you view everything they do.

So your parents aren't trying to do repairs themselves. That's their choice.

Why don't you start living an independent life where you are in control.

You would then mature in your thinking and see your parents in a different way.

And I think this constant venting through threads is a compulsion.

3 hours ago, howard said:

Your parents have a different view of their home to the one you have of it. The problem is you are determined to stay stuck in your particular parents/child dynamic.

I understand your feelings towards construction workers. (I am living on a construction site, or it for at least the next two years!)

But those are your own subjective views and that colours the way you view everything they do.

So your parents aren't trying to do repairs themselves. That's their choice.

Why don't you start living an independent life where you are in control.

You would then mature in your thinking and see your parents in a different way.

And I think this constant venting through threads is a compulsion.

I hate construction workers with all my heart. All the bullies in my school went on to be workers in this area. My mother hates to have people here too, still they pay them. THe house is rubbish, it's 50 years old and some things haven't been taken care of since then. 

I do agree with you about me starting topics, I was just so angry yesterday, I am still fuming and ****** so that's how ****** I was yesterday when I found out that my dad had sat for 3 days with a broken screen and said nothing. It sickened me to the core. IF they are so reckless with one thing I can only imagine what they ripped loss working. My mother said that it was dusting as hell. And I know they saying, asbestos is only dangerous when relesed and when it's dusting.. I think I will obsess about this one when the television is out of the way. 

I am actually doing my best to get a real life. I have signed up for licenses to drive heavier vehicles so I can search more jobs. I have a job interview on monday but I am thinking if I should cancel. The job is in a dangerous place. They are blowing off bombs in that town nighttime.

Yes sorry if I was a bit blunt there. But it is good you are moving forward.

I thought you were in Britian, where is it you imagine is so dangerous. Because that's what it is, imagination.

It'll change your life if you get your own place. Put all this catastophising energy into making that happen.

2 hours ago, howard said:

Yes sorry if I was a bit blunt there. But it is good you are moving forward.

I thought you were in Britian, where is it you imagine is so dangerous. Because that's what it is, imagination.

It'll change your life if you get your own place. Put all this catastophising energy into making that happen.

I have to say that you have been the one dropping the truth on me. Shame and sadness is the main thing overall. Shame around being the failure I am and shame towards my parents. But when all these things happens and this summer have been so brutal to me, I had plans to study and exercise more than ever but it has been one long agony. mainly around construction because it cost money and money is always a big thing I guess. But also the stress with them being here and the changes it brings.

I know I should feel gratitude but it's so hard when it just feels like it would be better to be dead than this. I don't think I have feelt relaxed in 3 weeks now. 

I guess seeing the television and accepting it being broken and then handle it when times come is the thing to do. 

Edited by Getmeout
13 hours ago, howard said:

Just focus on where you want to be, and how you want to make your life better. If you start making more of a life for yourself then that will help your parents.

I agree. They see me as a big burden now. I also have a lot of tics and it makes them disturbed. Me too. I am fairly sure I always will have tics but maybe I ccould become more relaxed and less anxious, I get a lot more tics when stressed. 

But I think I am doing my best now actually, if I could I would start taking the licenses tomorrow and start working more TOMORROW but I have signed up and that's all I cn do. Pretty obsessive about my mail at the moment. A offer about a work would be so nice. 

I got one offer but it's 3 hours transport and then the pay is trash and the company is trash. Not even full time. 

21 minutes ago, Getmeout said:

I agree. They see me as a big burden now. I also have a lot of tics and it makes them disturbed. Me too. I am fairly sure I always will have tics but maybe I ccould become more relaxed and less anxious, I get a lot more tics when stressed. 

But I think I am doing my best now actually, if I could I would start taking the licenses tomorrow and start working more TOMORROW but I have signed up and that's all I cn do. Pretty obsessive about my mail at the moment. A offer about a work would be so nice. 

I got one offer but it's 3 hours transport and then the pay is trash and the company is trash. Not even full time. 

I just really meant that it would make your parents happy and proud if you got your life together.

Also when you are less stressed you'll have a better relationship, and hey even help them out with some cash, once you find that job.

You sound more balanced today. Good luck with the job hunt, make it happen.

28 minutes ago, howard said:

I just really meant that it would make your parents happy and proud if you got your life together.

Also when you are less stressed you'll have a better relationship, and hey even help them out with some cash, once you find that job.

You sound more balanced today. Good luck with the job hunt, make it happen.

I need to. I have a very dark view on things. When that day comes that they aren't around and I am sitting here being this failed..

Thanks