Just want to make it clear, I don't care about groinal responses/erections.

I was feeling good tonight, and while I was watching a show something related to my obsession popped up. The first thing that happened was me having an intrusive thought about my obsession then I felt mental arousal. Like I mentally liked it. I don't want to mentally like it why does this happen? I know there are some cases of 'false attraction' on OCD but I know this may sound horrible but I just think it's all a big 'cope'. I don't know if I can believe 'false attraction' is a real thing. Can someone help me here please? I'm feeling down, I just want these feelings to go.

Can someone please help me? I just want these mental feelings to go away. I hate it so much. Is there anything I can do? I know someone is going to say 'It doesn't mean anything, just ignore it' but how can I? I don't understand how you can just ignore and not place a meaning on a feeling of arousal when exposed to something related to an obsession. It has to mean something. These feelings I get feels exactly the same as when I see something I like and I'd get aroused. It feels the exact same and I can't distinguish the two. 

I fear that when I get over the anxiety of it, it'll be something I genuinely like and I don't want that. I just want it gone

Edited by FlyingRocket
4 hours ago, FlyingRocket said:

Can someone please help me? I just want these mental feelings to go away. I hate it so much. Is there anything I can do? I know someone is going to say 'It doesn't mean anything, just ignore it' but how can I? I don't understand how you can just ignore and not place a meaning on a feeling of arousal when exposed to something related to an obsession. It has to mean something. These feelings I get feels exactly the same as when I see something I like and I'd get aroused. It feels the exact same and I can't distinguish the two. 

I fear that when I get over the anxiety of it, it'll be something I genuinely like and I don't want that. I just want it gone

You can allow that feeling to be there. Think about this way every male experiences unwanted arousal every day - multiple times a day and we don't ask for it to happen but equally we don't question it. If every time you have arousal you jump to connecting it to something for OCD, then of course you are going to get stuck but the way to challenge that is to just experience that arousal and just let it be there. It's the trying to stop it from happening that is causing OCD to be reinforced on it, not the mental or physical sexual response.

Also the sexual response cycle works in our bodies in such a way that all it needs is for something to be labelled as "sexual" and then it can trigger arousal, both mental and physical. This doesn't mean it gets sent correct information and may actually receive faulty information at least in accordance to our valued.

That's because the part of your brain that is responsible for sexual response doesn't care about your values as it's very much the older part of our brains or maybe a less logical and more primal part. With that being said, within that same sort of system that controls our sexual response is roughly the same place that deals with anxiety and thus it is possible for you to mistake feelings of anxiety as feelings of arousal.

What I learned in therapy was super helpful for this. Sit with the arousal in whatever situation it arises and let it be there and also disconnect any moral aspects from it i.e. you shouldn't experience this when you've had these intrusive thoughts or images. The only time to move away from the situation in that scenario is if arousal becomes more pronounced and therefore could be awkward in which case it is reasonable to excuse yourself to the bathroom or another room where you can have privacy whilst you wait for the arousal to subside.

This helped a lot for me as I was able to recognise that the arousal and the intrusive thoughts didn't have to mean anything. The thoughts didn't mean anything and the arousal was nothing more than a bodily response but here's what's interesting... Both are out of your control. You can not control really not having arousal and you cannot control not experiencing intrusive thoughts or images. Hope this helps

Hi @DRS1

I appreciate your response, but a lot of what you said seems to do with physical arousal (i.e. groinal movements, erections etc). I no longer care about groinal responses, what I do care about is these mental feelings I get after getting an intrusive thought. It feels like I'm 'turned on' by the thought mentally. That's what trips me up constantly. I end up crying when I'm by myself because I just don't want this, I want it gone. I know I have OCD, but I feel like this is some sort of sexual problem too. Perhaps I've developed some fetish or something. Hate it

29 minutes ago, FlyingRocket said:

Hi @DRS1

I appreciate your response, but a lot of what you said seems to do with physical arousal (i.e. groinal movements, erections etc). I no longer care about groinal responses, what I do care about is these mental feelings I get after getting an intrusive thought. It feels like I'm 'turned on' by the thought mentally. That's what trips me up constantly. I end up crying when I'm by myself because I just don't want this, I want it gone. I know I have OCD, but I feel like this is some sort of sexual problem too. Perhaps I've developed some fetish or something. Hate it

No, it applies to both mental and physical arousal. It's still a problem of you trying to not have an arousal response regardless of it being mental or physical. It could be worth talking to a therapist though about it if its still something you are struggling significantly with.

2 minutes ago, FlyingRocket said:

Do you think it's something more than OCD then?

Not necessarily, just more that when OCD takes advantage of the arousal system, it can hit people at the core of who they are and can rid them with guilt and shame especially when it comes to sexuality. A therapist is able to clear that up and help you through that. For example I had to learn a bunch of things from therapy that I didn't understand like how physical and mental arousal actually works and did a lot of work on guilt and shame especially around sex which I found invaluable for me. Hopefully that clears that up a bit?

1 minute ago, DRS1 said:

Not necessarily, just more that when OCD takes advantage of the arousal system, it can hit people at the core of who they are and can rid them with guilt and shame especially when it comes to sexuality. A therapist is able to clear that up and help you through that. For example I had to learn a bunch of things from therapy that I didn't understand like how physical and mental arousal actually works and did a lot of work on guilt and shame especially around sex which I found invaluable for me. Hopefully that clears that up a bit?

I have no shame surrounding sex, my obsession is about some stupid sexual fetish. You could read my old posts about it, this has been going on for over a year now. I've never wanted an open relationship and the idea always sickened me, but then I got a groinal response, those got worse and worse, I kept checking/testing with videos to see if it was some hidden desire and now I'm at this stage. Just depressed I don't want any of it, it goes against my core beliefs. I would don't want it to be some fantasy in my head and I would most certainly never ever want to do it in real life either.

Did any of your sexual obsessions come true and you now like them? If you don't want to answer that's fine

2 minutes ago, FlyingRocket said:

I have no shame surrounding sex, my obsession is about some stupid sexual fetish. You could read my old posts about it, this has been going on for over a year now. I've never wanted an open relationship and the idea always sickened me, but then I got a groinal response, those got worse and worse, I kept checking/testing with videos to see if it was some hidden desire and now I'm at this stage. Just depressed I don't want any of it, it goes against my core beliefs. I would don't want it to be some fantasy in my head and I would most certainly never ever want to do it in real life either.

Did any of your sexual obsessions come true and you now like them? If you don't want to answer that's fine

You've answered it for yourself there. What you experience in thoughts is against your values. For me it was never a matter of it coming true or not coming true it was a matter of dealing with the uncertainty of any thought, image or sensation I experienced. Just because you have a thought or a sexual response to something doesn't mean you actually value that. I did deal with the uncertainty of it though and particularly had OCD going to extremes and giving me flawed logic of "well, if you don't avoid this situation and you do get a sensation in your groin or mental or physical arousal, then that must mean you want it to happen". Through ERP, I was able to sit with the groinal response / arousal in those situations and not have to do anything about it and eventually when I stopped giving it so much importance and attention through compulsions, I stopped experiencing it in those situations. If it came back now today I'd just do ERP again.

@DRS1 Fair enough. Yeah I'm quite similar, I fear the actual thought coming along too but I also fear that will I eventually act on the thought or will I eventually begin to enjoy the thoughts. I obsess about a lot of things if I'm being honest. When I'm not going through a flare up of my OCD, I never think about these things and I know I don't like it. But sometimes even when I'm not going through a flare up I'll have a thought and it'll give me 'false attraction' response and that's just the worse, that kicks me back into a flare up of it and I start doing compulsions again.

Back to the basics.

An obsession is an intrusive (thought, image, feeling, urge, impulse or sensation) or combination thereof that causes distress.

Everyone knows about intrusive thoughts but sufferers get intrusive feelings too. That's what is happening to you. You are experiencing an intrusive feeling. Clearly it is causing you distress. No doubt you are doing compulsions as a result.

Hi again @PolarBear

Sorry for coming back here. I try to refrain from posting here because I know it's annoying. I wish I could say during the months I don't post here I'm not worrying about my obsession but it's very rare I stop worrying about this and even if I do it lasts a week maximum, then it comes back. 

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, and I really appreciate you trying to help me. You are the only one who still replies to me from back in my old posts and I really appreciate you are still trying to help me as the other people have probably just got annoyed by me - but I'm not completely sure if your definition is correct. When I look up the definition of the word 'obsession', all of the ones I've seen do not mention feelings in the same context I'm using it. For example, even the OCDUK obsession page doesn't mention feelings. It's on this page and on the second paragraph

People with OCD experience unwanted obsessions which take the form of persistent and uncontrollable thoughts, although obsessions can sometimes be persistent images, impulses, worries, fears or doubts or a combination of all these. They’re always intrusive, unwanted, disturbing and most importantly significantly interfere with the sufferers ability to function on a day-to-day basis as they are incredibly difficult to ignore.

Yes, I get intrusive images, worries and fears, they are indeed unwanted and I find them disturbing - but I also get that feeling of mental arousal or 'false attraction' as some say although I don't believe that exists now. This isn't mentioned here. @Ashley Do you agree that feelings like this are not part of OCD? Because I don't think they are anymore.

The NHS definition is here, and although it mentions feelings - it doesn't mention them in the context that I'm experiencing.

An obsession is an unwanted and unpleasant thought, image or urge that repeatedly enters your mind, causing feelings of anxiety, disgust or unease.

I'm not trying to get reassurance here, I know I have OCD - there's no doubt about it. But I also feel like this problem is more than OCD. I feel like this is definitely some sexual problem I've developed and constantly focusing on it from OCD has probably worsened it. I've never once fantasized about these things in my entire life, but ever since last year I've just gone through hell. 

Edited by FlyingRocket

Well. Let's take me: 

It all started with accidentally touching someone → to fearing that people might misinterpret it, as if I did it on purpose → to trying to avoid situations where that could happen again → to sudden images and thoughts of groping others, which I got triggered heavily from → to sudden urges whenever there was some kind of proximity to others → to groinal responses I've never experienced before → to an actual minor event, where it felt like, as if I've acted on an impulse → to analyzing me and myself as person in a whole → to trying to find out if I'm a pervert who actually likes it→ to have feelings, as if I actually like the content of my intrusive thoughts → to....

You see how this ****** theme made it all worse? And I swear by god, the longer the obsession, the more awful it became. And it's all like a chain. It's the logical "successor" of the previous stage. And whenever the next evolution of my obsession happened, I wished like I could go back and do things differently, instead of ruminating over it like crazy, because "this was so much easier to deal with back then". I think with each "What If' you engage with, i.e. by doing compulsions and especially by seeking reassurance, you basically slowly but surely deepen your obsession. You encourage your brain to find more "What If's". Really. For me, it was like that I always tried to reason with it, find an explanation, just for my brain to went nuts and threw in another piece I had to deal with. It's as if your brain wants your obsession to be true, just so that you suffer even more. It's basically like a rabbit hole, you fall deeper and deeper, if you don't treat your OCD the right way and instead engage with all the compulsions. 

And I think it will reach a point, where you can't take it anymore. This is when people with OCD get hospitalized. Our brains are broken. Seriously. 

So yes, in a late stage left untreated, your obsession can feel like that. But I have yet to see a case, where there was true desire developed out of an obsession. And I think in the end it's important to ask yourself if you truly desire it or not, without any kind of shame, guilt or morals. And you won't. Absolutely sure about that. 

For me, personally, there is nothing more disgusting, than not respecting sexual boundaries, for example. And it's my obsession. I mean, I could live with having murdering someone, but not with this - not saying murder is okay, but it would be easier to handle for me. So yeah, it's the worst thing, in my mind, one could do. And no matter the intrusive thoughts, images, feelings, urges, impulses, and so I had, it ALWAYS caused me distress. Sometimes I was immediately distressed, and sometimes I needed some seconds for myself to evaluate the intrusive whatever. But in the end, I wanted to run away from it as far as possible from it. 

Or, it's all OCD and you're fixated on this feeling thing as sure as someone can get fixated on something else.

There are many sufferers who get intrusive feelings. We've had scores of people here who get fixated on the feeling they get that they 'like' their thoughts, whatever those thoughts are. Very common. It's just OCD sucking you back into endless rumination and compulsions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2022 at 22:57, PolarBear said:

Or, it's all OCD and you're fixated on this feeling thing as sure as someone can get fixated on something else.

There are many sufferers who get intrusive feelings. We've had scores of people here who get fixated on the feeling they get that they 'like' their thoughts, whatever those thoughts are. Very common. It's just OCD sucking you back into endless rumination and compulsions.

How do I make myself believe that these thoughts aren't real arousal? How do can I believe they are just intrusive feelings? If they were just thoughts I wouldn't care about them, it's just these feelings every time just pull me back into compulsions. Every time it happens I can't stop doing compulsions, today I managed to prevent my self from doing a compulsion when it happened but that only lasted for about 5 minutes then I did a compulsion. I ususally do the compulsion straight away so I managed to resist for 5 minutes. I just want these feelings gone, I hate it. 

22 minutes ago, FlyingRocket said:

How do I make myself believe that these thoughts aren't real arousal? How do can I believe they are just intrusive feelings? If they were just thoughts I wouldn't care about them, it's just these feelings every time just pull me back into compulsions. Every time it happens I can't stop doing compulsions, today I managed to prevent my self from doing a compulsion when it happened but that only lasted for about 5 minutes then I did a compulsion. I ususally do the compulsion straight away so I managed to resist for 5 minutes. I just want these feelings gone, I hate it. 

You don't have to make yourself believe it isn't real arousal. That would be seeking certainty in something we can't be sure of. Stop looking at it as real vs false arousal and treat it as it really is, a bodily response that you don't have control over. It's also got a lot to do with the way you look at it in general in terms of not wanting it to be there or not wanting to experience feelings but again this isn't something you have control over nor do you have to do anything about it. It's how you judge it that's the problem. I could take a guess to say you are probably attaching the arousal feelings to you as a person when you get them in situations you don't want to get them and that's the moral component that OCD likes to play with. Remember that you are experiencing these things not choosing to intentionally have them. It's a key separation of condition vs your values. Instead of doing the compulsions or even if you do, try to re-expose yourself to what it was again and try to sit with the uncomfortable feelings.

1 hour ago, DRS1 said:

You don't have to make yourself believe it isn't real arousal.

I want to though. I don't want to like it, I fcking hate it but I get these feelings of mental arousal and it just throws me off.

1 hour ago, DRS1 said:

treat it as it really is, a bodily response that you don't have control over.

Just want to clarify, I'm not talking about physical arousal like erections, I'm talking about mental feelings like I like it. I don't see how these can be treated the same way. That's why I think it's something more and I'm just obsessing over the fact that I like it. I just want it gone, I hate it. 

1 hour ago, DRS1 said:

It's how you judge it that's the problem. I could take a guess to say you are probably attaching the arousal feelings to you as a person when you get them in situations you don't want to get them and that's the moral component that OCD likes to play with. Remember that you are experiencing these things not choosing to intentionally have them. It's a key separation of condition vs your values.

I don't understand sorry.

Edited by FlyingRocket
1 hour ago, FlyingRocket said:

I want to though. I don't want to like it, I fcking hate it but I get these feelings of mental arousal and it just throws me off.

Just want to clarify, I'm not talking about physical arousal like erections, I'm talking about mental feelings like I like it. I don't see how these can be treated the same way. That's why I think it's something more and I'm just obsessing over the fact that I like it. I just want it gone, I hate it. 

I don't understand sorry.

Cool, that's okay. Sometimes I can be very partial to not getting my point across. I am fully aware that you are meaning mental arousal but it's the same thing as if it were physical arousal. In fact it's the same as every other thing in OCD. You experience something and don't want it to happen and you hate it.

By not judging it as a feeling you "can't have", you aren't agreeing with having it and liking it. You are accepting that it is something you can experience and that it doesn't have to mean anything.

Fighting against it with compulsions is the only thing keeping it going really at this point. Let OCD win and let it be there. Once that happens you will experience the feelings but you will be able to have them and live your life normally again without doing the compulsions and you'll probably get to the stage of having the mental arousal means nothing to you.

What you are doing right now is taking the mental arousal feelings and making them more than what they are. It's just a feeling, there is nothing behind it and it's something that can happen whether or not we try to control not having them with compulsions. These are no different to anything else you've dealt with before with OCD.

Ok I understand what you mean a bit clearer now but I still have some confusion

3 hours ago, DRS1 said:

By not judging it as a feeling you "can't have", you aren't agreeing with having it and liking it. You are accepting that it is something you can experience and that it doesn't have to mean anything.

3 hours ago, DRS1 said:

It's just a feeling, there is nothing behind it and it's something that can happen whether or not we try to control not having them with compulsions

The feeling is damn near indistinguishable from a real feeling of something I actually do like. That's what trips me up and makes me think that I must like it deep down. How do I combat this? I don't see how there's not a scenario where I can say it doesn't mean something. I just can't wrap my head around it. Sorry if I'm being a bit annoying and stubborn, it's just this topic I really don't like and it's my worst obsession by far. It's the only obsession that keeps coming back. All my other obsessions disappear but this one always comes back.

3 hours ago, DRS1 said:

you'll probably get to the stage of having the mental arousal means nothing to you.

Will it go away? When I'm not obsessing about the topic I don't think about it at all and I'm pretty happy. But then eventually one moment it happens and it sends me spiralling. 

19 minutes ago, FlyingRocket said:

Ok I understand what you mean a bit clearer now but I still have some confusion

The feeling is damn near indistinguishable from a real feeling of something I actually do like. That's what trips me up and makes me think that I must like it deep down. How do I combat this? I don't see how there's not a scenario where I can say it doesn't mean something. I just can't wrap my head around it. Sorry if I'm being a bit annoying and stubborn, it's just this topic I really don't like and it's my worst obsession by far. It's the only obsession that keeps coming back. All my other obsessions disappear but this one always comes back.

Will it go away? When I'm not obsessing about the topic I don't think about it at all and I'm pretty happy. But then eventually one moment it happens and it sends me spiralling. 

@PolarBear nailed it perfectly to be honest. A couple of things to note though as well. It feels currently like your worst obsession but whatever one affects you most in that moment is always the worst obsession. Also another thing is realising you don't have to figure it out if you do like it or don't like it or if its real or not and in fact the urge to work it out and the urgency there is a bit of a warning that its something that's OCD focused, rather than something that can be "figured out". I won't lie and say you'll never have another intrusive thought, image, sensation etc. again because frankly that would make you non-human but like all your other obsessions, you can choose how much it affects you.

I still have intrusive sexual images frequently and I may not like having them but it's not something I have control over. What I do have control over is whether or not I will let it consume my life. Being able to sit there with sexual images and bring them up intentionally for ERP was the best thing I ever did. Not only did I find my anxiety dropped and I stopped caring about that particular image but I also realised it's actually okay to experience them and that they don't define what I value in life. I recognise I'm never going to be intrusive thought, image, sensation free and that's okay. There's no way to catch every theme and deal with every possible trigger because every day has triggers.

So if your goal is to never have these feelings again or a thought or an image again, then you are setting the wrong goal. The goal should be instead, how can you do things you want to do whilst you have the feelings and bring them along for the ride in what you want to do. All the rumination and any other compulsion you do to any of your obsessions is doing is keeping it around and more importantly wasting your time on things you probably don't value.

3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

It keeps coming back because you give it your energy. You make it important by ruminating and doing other compulsions. That ensures the feeling will come back, time after time.

So what do I do when the feeling comes up next? Whenever it happens it follows with a huge amount of stress and my anxiety surges.

3 hours ago, DRS1 said:

A couple of things to note though as well. It feels currently like your worst obsession but whatever one affects you most in that moment is always the worst obsession

Yeah I know. Whenever my obsession changes this goes out the window. My point was though that this is the only one that returns. However even when I'm not obsessing about it I still feel disgust towards the subject because it goes against my personal values. 

3 hours ago, DRS1 said:

The goal should be instead, how can you do things you want to do whilst you have the feelings and bring them along for the ride in what you want to do

When you say 'bring them along for the ride in what you do' do you mean to encourage these thoughts? I do not want to encourage them. I want to learn to just tolerate it and hopefully it'll the thoughts will die down in time just like my other thoughts did. 

5 hours ago, FlyingRocket said:

So what do I do when the feeling comes up next? Whenever it happens it follows with a huge amount of stress and my anxiety surges.

Yeah I know. Whenever my obsession changes this goes out the window. My point was though that this is the only one that returns. However even when I'm not obsessing about it I still feel disgust towards the subject because it goes against my personal values. 

When you say 'bring them along for the ride in what you do' do you mean to encourage these thoughts? I do not want to encourage them. I want to learn to just tolerate it and hopefully it'll the thoughts will die down in time just like my other thoughts did. 

You just allow them to be there. You may intentionally choose to bring them back up for the purposes of ERP. The part you are missing there is that what your mental arousal feelings are is just a response that you feel, like every other mental feeling you may have. 

You have given it so much significance when it's insignificant. Instead of looking at it saying you don't want to intentionally bring it up, look at it as taking the risk that it is just your OCD that's caused this to be significant. 

The personal values part is the moral component and this was what I was trying to get to a few replies ago. You are attaching experiencing something that's out of your control to you as if you are a horrible person but OCD is using your values against you to guilt trip you and shame you.

Dropping the moral component from it is essentially trying to separate the OCD from the person. You are a person that has a condition that is OCD and that means each and every time you have an intrusive thought, image or feeling that's not something that you should mentally punish yourself over. 

If you accept the thoughts, images or feelings existence or presence (you don't have to like the content or the situations in which they occur) and be very strict in not guilt ridding yourself or blaming yourself or getting angry for having the obsessions, then you give OCD much less power.

You don't necessarily have to bring them back up time after time but this is helpful for when you do compulsions initially so that you nullify the effects of the compulsions.

• 2 weeks later...

@DRS1I've tried taking your advice the past few days but this is getting too much for me now. I don't know how you can dismiss these 'feelings' I get as insignificant. It has to mean it's some sort of fetish I've developed from being so worried about it. I ******* hate it so much but when I test myself sometimes it feels like I really like it and I just ******* want it gone. I want it to get out of my head.

I don't know how you would just accept these feelings and let them be there and just class them as insignificant. It has to mean something, I just can't see how it doesn't. I've never heard of anybody in my entire life who experiences sexual feelings towards something and it means nothing. I just want it out of my ******* head, I want it gone now I don't get why this happened to me, I never ever liked this in my entirety of my life.  

When I hear certain songs on the radio that such as REO Speedwagon's can't fight this feeling anymore, that messes with my head too. I can't enjoy songs like these anymore because I get intrusive thoughts about my obsession when I hear the lyrics.

I don't know what to do, but I don't want to carry on through life with these feelings constantly in my head. I can't take it, I don't want them there. I hate the subject that my obsession is revolved around, I just want it gone.

2 hours ago, FlyingRocket said:

@DRS1I've tried taking your advice the past few days but this is getting too much for me now. I don't know how you can dismiss these 'feelings' I get as insignificant. It has to mean it's some sort of fetish I've developed from being so worried about it. I ******* hate it so much but when I test myself sometimes it feels like I really like it and I just ******* want it gone. I want it to get out of my head.

I don't know how you would just accept these feelings and let them be there and just class them as insignificant. It has to mean something, I just can't see how it doesn't. I've never heard of anybody in my entire life who experiences sexual feelings towards something and it means nothing. I just want it out of my ******* head, I want it gone now I don't get why this happened to me, I never ever liked this in my entirety of my life.  

When I hear certain songs on the radio that such as REO Speedwagon's can't fight this feeling anymore, that messes with my head too. I can't enjoy songs like these anymore because I get intrusive thoughts about my obsession when I hear the lyrics.

I don't know what to do, but I don't want to carry on through life with these feelings constantly in my head. I can't take it, I don't want them there. I hate the subject that my obsession is revolved around, I just want it gone.

So now would probably be a good time for education on that then. You look at those feelings as if you were in control of them in the first place, but you weren't. It's good to see that you've been trying to work with it a bit.

Unfortunately, all the compulsions you are doing is the only thing keeping the significance there. I get how you feel and I was once at the point you are at now. Everything feels impossible but you are still caught in the same old loop of OCD.

Without ERP, you can't show OCD that you can tolerate it and without doing so these feelings will always feel as bad to you.

Trust me when I say for me experiencing intrusive sexual images (the most common thing for me to experience) wasn't easy to disconnect from. However, I had to decide was I willing to let OCD continue to ruin my life or take a chance that OCD could be wrong and that none of it meant anything.

You are in that position. You can either let OCD ruin your life, or take a chance that the feelings are not something that mean anything at all. If I could do it with intrusive sexual images of genitalia, sex acts and even having horrific images of family members, then you can also overcome your issue with the feelings.

Treating them as insignificant is not being immoral or against your values because they were always insignificant.

Do you think OCD cares if you have never liked something before it does what OCD always does? No, of course not and so if it doesn't care about that then why should we care about when it says there has to be a meaning behind this?

Is there a meaning behind all my intrusive sexual images @FlyingRocket? Or are they random images I have no control over experiencing? Think about that and let me know what you think.