book recommendations (ocd related and general)

hello! 

My first time posting. I am new to the support groups but I was diagnosed with ocd around 2 years ago now, although in therapy we have noticed examples of when it was present earlier in my childhood so I guess it’s been around awhile.

whilst I’m in treatment for ocd and ptsd it has really limited my independence and how I can function in my life. I haven’t been able to work for the last 2 years so lost my job, was unable to help support financially with rent with my partner so we’ve had to move back with his family (which can be challenging with a full house!) and it’s still a challenge to leave the house alone. 

Something I have always enjoyed is reading but it is something I have struggled with during this blip as I have an intrusive thought attached to it, but I have decided to do some exposure work on it and start up reading again. 

I’m so so wanting to recover and get my life back so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of books related to ocd/self help books or even books not related to ocd and you have just enjoyed! I’m open to anything :) sorry if there has already been a post on this, I kinda just opened and am typing this before I get too anxious and over think it and then don’t post it 😬 

thank you!!

Since you mentioned other books, one I'm happy to recommend is 'Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway' by Susan Jeffers. There's a new edition from a few years ago to celebrate its 25th anniversary so it's a book that has stood the test of time!  It isn't intended for OCD (though not irrelevant to OCD either), more for people who have put their life on hold due to anxiety. I still use some of her recommendations in my day to day life and found it helped immensely at times when I struggled to make decisions or step forward into anything new in my life.  :book:

• 3 weeks later...