I feel helpless

I'm very frustrated about my ocd so I decided to come here to vent again.

I hate groinal response so much. Many times they appear for no reason. I can't even sleep peacefully because of the sensation. I think I'm starting to stop sleeping to divert my mind to other things to avoid feeling those things. I want all this to end at once.

And yes, I've tried to let the feeling stay there but I can't resist the urge to remove it. I hate this

1 hour ago, anthu said:

I'm very frustrated about my ocd so I decided to come here to vent again.

I hate groinal response so much. Many times they appear for no reason. I can't even sleep peacefully because of the sensation. I think I'm starting to stop sleeping to divert my mind to other things to avoid feeling those things. I want all this to end at once.

And yes, I've tried to let the feeling stay there but I can't resist the urge to remove it. I hate this

It could be helpful to reframe how you look at groinal response / groinal sensations generally. It's not the sensation that is the problem, you've more than likely had sensations in your groin before when you didn't necessarily want to but it wasn't an issue because you didn't pay much attention to them as OCD wasn't hijacking it.

It's not easy to allow the sensation to be there when it feels like it's wrong to have it whenever you experience unwanted intrusions but it's really important to separate the meaning you give the thoughts and a body sensation. 

What is helpful to know is no matter how many compulsions you do, every time that groinal response rolls round you feel almost trapped in it again. It massively changed for me when I did just allow it to be there as it was the only thing that allowed me to accept the sensations.

I know that's not what you want to hear but it is how it is. When we do ERP, and we don't do compulsions we learn to be comfortable feeling uncomfortable and over time, you stop getting groinal response.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @DRS1 thank you for your help.

For some reason the sensations stopped being constant, sometimes they come but they go away. I hope it stays that way. This is hard to live with, I know you know that so thank you for lending your help to others.

5 minutes ago, anthu said:

Hi @DRS1 thank you for your help.

For some reason the sensations stopped being constant, sometimes they come but they go away. I hope it stays that way. This is hard to live with, I know you know that so thank you for lending your help to others.

They go away when you stop paying so much attention to them that's why they aren't as constant. Remember not to judge the groinal response either. If it appears, that's okay, you can let it be there.