does my partner have Relationship OCD?

Hoping for some help. My partner suffered a big relapse OCD (harm and contamination) wise about a year ago and it impacted how she was with me - backing away from the relationship, shutting me out. However; they let me back in as I supported them through the recovery. Since then I’ve noticed in moments of high stress (eg big formal occasions or hen dos) where she doesn’t want to let anyone down - the impact falls on us - Jokes about splitting up, talking about not wanting to settle and lots of comments and focus on my weight (which isn’t nice) - and sex is too awkward for them to engage with (combination of reduced libido from the medication, general feeling of being anxious and they get harmful or contamination thoughts during). Does it sound like her OCD is manifesting itself in us in the form of relationship OCd? I know from their friends they say they adore me but they aren’t showing it… and they also have had issues in past relationships with commitment.

Thoughts and advice very welcome… Thank you!

1 hour ago, Louis123 said:

Does it sound like her OCD is manifesting itself in us in the form of relationship OCd?

It's not possible to be certain eitrher way from what you've posted.

However, I suggest you have a chat about the jokes and comments on your weight. Tell her how hurtful it is and ask her to stop.

The conversation might reveal her reasons more clearly, and if it is OCD moving focus onto her relationship then you tackle it in the same way as for the harm and contamination issues, or any other topic OCD latches onto.

• 4 weeks later...