Hello. Just looking for an ear

Hi there. I’m a long time user of this forum. I’m just here today for some support if at all possible. My OCD is still with me and the thoughts are coming in so many ways and meanderings I can’t even explain. Yesterday tho I had an ok day, but when my mind takes off it says I’m guilty, bad etc.. I dunno. Just looking for advice. Thank you for reading x

4 minutes ago, northpaul said:

I am listening.  Looking at yesterday, how can you keep that in your mind to help you enforce your positive thoughts?

Thank you friend, thank you so much. Yesterday I just felt hopeful and more confident in my life and with my OCD. Looking at yesterday I could think well that’s how I deserve to be? Would that be good?

27 minutes ago, Nikki79 said:

Looking at yesterday I could think well that’s how I deserve to be? Would that be good?

Last Friday I had a rare day out.  My positive thought was go out and enjoy the day.  My negative thinking kept saying what if this, that or the other goes wrong?  I was mentally checking over and over.

I planned to do something that I know I enjoy so I stood up to the negative thinking and said 'I am going out'. Who is in control here?

I went out and enjoyed the day.  OCD had to take the back seat.

16 minutes ago, northpaul said:

Last Friday I had a rare day out.  My positive thought was go out and enjoy the day.  My negative thinking kept saying what if this, that or the other goes wrong?  I was mentally checking over and over.

I planned to do something that I know I enjoy so I stood up to the negative thinking and said 'I am going out'. Who is in control here?

I went out and enjoyed the day.  OCD had to take the back seat.

Well done you, its about taking back control largely isn’t it? You know it just feels so good to talk here to someone who understands. 

5 hours ago, Nikki79 said:

Hi there. I’m a long time user of this forum. I’m just here today for some support if at all possible. My OCD is still with me and the thoughts are coming in so many ways and meanderings I can’t even explain. Yesterday tho I had an ok day, but when my mind takes off it says I’m guilty, bad etc.. I dunno. Just looking for advice. Thank you for reading x

I hope you’re okay, you’re doing amazing by getting through each day 

My mind keeps getting dragged into thoughts I can’t bare. For example at the moment it’s focused on thoughts that I’m doing wrong to my child cos of my ocd, it’s like a sneaky believe or something that comes in and the feeling she’s somehow affected by me. How do I deal with this? 

36 minutes ago, Nikki79 said:

My mind keeps getting dragged into thoughts I can’t bare. For example at the moment it’s focused on thoughts that I’m doing wrong to my child cos of my ocd, it’s like a sneaky believe or something that comes in and the feeling she’s somehow affected by me. How do I deal with this? 

Really quite stressed 😩 

Sorry guys I’m just so fed up of all these thoughts flooding my head all the time and really want done with it. I’m always feeling bad with thoughts that I’m guilty and I’m living a bad life and don’t deserve to be happy etc etc. It gets so complicated, I just find it all hard to ignore. Please someone write back to me please 🙏 

On 19/09/2022 at 16:58, Nikki79 said:

its about taking back control largely isn’t it?

Going back to yesterday's bit of this thread - what might you do to take back control?  What positive things can you fill your mind with?

The more I fill my mind with positive (beneficial) thinking - the less I want to keep checking back on the negative (unhelpful) stuff.

14 hours ago, northpaul said:

Going back to yesterday's bit of this thread - what might you do to take back control?  What positive things can you fill your mind with?

The more I fill my mind with positive (beneficial) thinking - the less I want to keep checking back on the negative (unhelpful) stuff.

I could think I have OCD and it’s not my fault. I could accept the OCD thinking and carry on with my day no matter how awful it feels. What do you think?

On 21/09/2022 at 11:01, Nikki79 said:

I could think I have OCD and it’s not my fault. I could accept the OCD thinking and carry on with my day no matter how awful it feels. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea :) OCD feels awful when we feed it, it stays alive and we do that by thinking (rumination) and reacting with things like avoidance, self-hatred etc

On 23/09/2022 at 21:28, Caramoole said:

I think it's a good idea :) OCD feels awful when we feed it, it stays alive and we do that by thinking (rumination) and reacting with things like avoidance, self-hatred etc

Yea that’s what I’ve done at times. Hi Caramoole I really want to leave OCD behind me for good.