Hemorrhoids, mucus and the need to be completely done when going to the bathroom

I don't really want to go into detail. But what started happening is that I had to be completely sure that I was finished when I went to the bathroom. I would do this through excessive straining. But what has now happened is that this has caused hemorrhoids which causes mucus, which means I have to strain even more to be satisfied I am finished. Now I when I go I will go then wait a bit to see if I am truly finished, I'll do this quite a few times until I am satisfied. This takes hours and involves quite a lot of staining due to the mucus.

My questions are really

• Has anyone got an experience with something similar?
  • If someone (else) would to stain, would it produce any mucus \ how much is normal?
  • But my main question is, is there anything medication I could take? Either to accelerate the healing process, mitigate the inflammation so there isn't excess mucus or reduce excess more directly. Maybe something that one takes for cold\flu\chest infections or allergies.

There are really two issues here, first the root cause and then the current issues. But really I am not too concerned about the root cause at the moment, I more interested in the current complications it has caused. I don't want to have to wait hours as a result of the excess mucus and I really really don't want it to get any worse.

Go to your local pharmacy and speak with the pharmacist.  There are non-prescription creams and ointments for this.

For more detailed investigation speak to your Doctor or even the Practice Nurse.  They can prescibe treatment and if you are in England that would be free.

1 hour ago, northpaul said:

Go to your local pharmacy and speak with the pharmacist.  There are non-prescription creams and ointments for this.

For more detailed investigation speak to your Doctor or even the Practice Nurse.  They can prescibe treatment and if you are in England that would be free.

If I lived alone that would be a possibility, but I don't. So that is really not an option, ideally I would like some oral medication that I could get and take discreetly.

You really need to be getting medical advice from a doctor in this situation - not an internet forum.  No-one here is qualified to give you the advice you want.  We're OCD sufferers not haemorrhoid experts.

Also the issue here isn't the mucus.  It's the 'root cause' as you call it - which in this case is the obsession and compulsion with fully emptying your bowels.  That's what you need to do deal with as actually causing you physical harm and can go onto cause you worse physical harm by damaging your pelvic floor.  I know this because I have and have had a similar issue with urination since child hood and now have serious pain and mobility issues due to years of straining to 'feel empty' and the knock on effect this has had on my body.

Dealing with the mucus is only going to add to the ritual you have going atm and possibly complicate matters since without medical advice you may just worsen the problem.  

I strongly recommend you speak to a doctor or other medical professional about this issue. 

Hi

Given that two of your questions about mucus and medication relate to physical ‘complications’ I think you should see a medical practitioner. Given that you are posting on an OCD site you presumably believe the cause might be OCD related. I don’t understand why living with people restricts your choices. I understand why it might embarrassing but this should not stop you from seeking treatment. Good luck on your treatment.

Edited by Angst
2 hours ago, Johney Doorman said:

ideally I would like some oral medication that I could get and take discreetly.

There isn't any. End of.

Speak to a pharmacist, or better still go to your GP and get sorted for both the piles and your OCD.