Hi everyone,

just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on this. Is it possible to have bad intentions as a child? I didn’t do anything seriously bad but my worry is that if I had not been stopped/ I wanted to. Is this possible? How do I forgive myself for this? 

I have a therapist but she says to hold of the ERP right now.

5 hours ago, Lewis96 said:

Hey sorry just posting here again to see if someone will see it

I would look at why you are posting pretty much the same thing and repeating parts albeit brief of the story that seems to be the sticking point. 

I would say at this point you are now seeking certainty, a definitive answer for which you can't give OCD. What you can do is bring up the fact that this is another compulsion you do to your therapist at the next session and hopefully that would be of more use. The problem is we can't give you reassurance on this..by doing so, we don't help you, we end up helping OCD which isn't good.

Keep looking for the urgency right before you do the compulsions as it's always a great indicator of it being OCD and something you don't have to engage with.

Thanks for replying. I realise now that I’m looking for certainty and reassurance and that it’s just counter productive to getting myself better.

I now realise this, and I apologise to everyone on the forum who’s tried to make see this and I’ve failed.

I’m going to take on the advice that was given previously to me by you all, and try work on it that way.

Thank you, and again apologies. 

L

Just now, Lewis96 said:

Thanks for replying. I realise now that I’m looking for certainty and reassurance and that it’s just counter productive to getting myself better.

I now realise this, and I apologise to everyone on the forum who’s tried to make see this and I’ve failed.

I’m going to take on the advice that was given previously to me by you all, and try work on it that way.

Thank you, and again apologies. 

L

You don't need to apologise to anyone. OCD is hard to deal with. Just because you did a compulsion doesn't mean its the end of the world or that you will go back to square one because you won't. Just try and watch for those signs of urgency in order to get certainty or reduce the anxiety.

Yeah I understand that. I think right now it’s just weird for me, in the sense that about 6 months ago I wasn’t eating and just slept all day because of the OCD. 

Now I’m able to function but not to the point where I want to be, and to be free and happy in my head! But I notice it’s not an overnight fix and this is progress.

I’m going to contact my psychologist and get a meeting set up. In the meantime I’ll make sure not to post on here to seek reassurance or certainty. Thanks DRS1