OCD and gronial response fears

More than 10 years of OCD ..and evey year some new obsessions and rumination added in my ocd ..like this new obsession.i can't let my mind free, and i can't do anything with this new obsession.not focus on duty or other things...so I want to know can anyone feel erection while reading other sexual post on Quora or other fourms. .. and where  peoples   share their childhood sexual mistakes and when he or she   in  12 or 13 years of age ..I get erection while reading these post. ..and than ocd attacks me like why u feel erection about little childern...please anyone relate to this.

On 28/09/2022 at 07:27, accomplished 133 said:

More than 10 years of OCD ..and evey year some new obsessions and rumination added in my ocd ..like this new obsession.i can't let my mind free, and i can't do anything with this new obsession.not focus on duty or other things...so I want to know can anyone feel erection while reading other sexual post on Quora or other fourms. .. and where  peoples   share their childhood sexual mistakes and when he or she   in  12 or 13 years of age ..I get erection while reading these post. ..and than ocd attacks me like why u feel erection about little childern...please anyone relate to this.

In short, your brain can label these things as sexual and as far its concerned that enough to get that process going. It can also be mistaken in anxiety and as such with anxiety you may get aroused. If you read about something that has sex in it, you could get aroused. However, it doesn't mean anything about you.

A great way to deal with this is to let the groinal response be there. If you get an erection what really is it? Just a body response. My psychologist explained that I can sit in these situations despite the groinal response/arousal and not do anything about it. The only time to move is if its starting to become fully aroused and starting to show and in which case excusing yourself to go to the bathroom to let the arousal disappear is fine. The more you recognise the arousal means nothing by doing that kind of ERP, the less you tend to care and you end up with less groinal responses. 

What I would say is try not to google things about sex related things if it is compulsive (i.e. there is an urgency to find that information out) as that's only going to keep the OCD going. Now that its been explained sort of how the sexual response cycle works and the fact that your brain isn't remotely interested in when and when you don't want the arousal according to your values, try not to google things about how to get rid of groinal response, or what does that mean etc. as you will be forever stuck seeking an answer that satisfies OCD.

Finally, in general stay away from sites like Quora and also Reddit when it comes to OCD topics and also anything related to sex. The reason for this is that there are a lot of trolls on these sites who simply seek to write stupid posts that can be triggering for you and you don't want to take anything they say as valid information because its not.

If one is in denial about being sexually attracted to child then they deny any evidence that it could be true. For something to be true there must be evidence it is true.  Accept your uncertainty.