The Unknown/Scared

Since the breakdown of my relationship I’m not a single Mother who is still living with her Ex. We have a three year old little girl together. Today I had some terrifying thoughts about managing alone and what will it be like, we will share custody but she will be with me half the time. I want to be happy and look forward to this but is it ok to say I’m scared. Thanks for listening x

Get practical, Nikki. Imstead of ruminating on unknowns and what ifs, think about the sort of situation you might encounter that you would find difficult and set a plan in plan for how you will overcome that difficulty.

In other words don't waste time thinking about OCD airy fairy fear fantasies. Make concrete, sensible plans so you are aware of who is in your social support circle, who you can can on when you need practical or emotional support, and what resources you have within yourself that you can tap into when needed.

Running around in circles flapping your hands and shouting 'poor me' (metaphorically speaking!) never solved any problem and never helped anybody cope.

21 minutes ago, snowbear said:

Get practical, Nikki. Imstead of ruminating on unknowns and what ifs, think about the sort of situation you might encounter that you would find difficult and set a plan in plan for how you will overcome that difficulty.

In other words don't waste time thinking about OCD airy fairy fear fantasies. Make concrete, sensible plans so you are aware of who is in your social support circle, who you can can on when you need practical or emotional support, and what resources you have within yourself that you can tap into when needed.

Running around in circles flapping your hands and shouting 'poor me' (metaphorically speaking!) never solved any problem and never helped anybody cope.

Thanks Snow. I totally agree. I mean I can be just doing something mundane and a thought can catch me and make me feel terrible and that’s what I’m afraid of.