I'm afraid I don't understand this

Well, I was exposing myself a few times but I feel that my mind no longer tells me anything when I expose myself. I don't understand it, I exposed myself very few times (twice a week in therapy for months) but I already feel that I can do it with ease

This has happened with other compulsions, in very few exposures I can already do what I couldn't before. I don't understand what I have then.

6 minutes ago, anthu said:

Well, I was exposing myself a few times but I feel that my mind no longer tells me anything when I expose myself. I don't understand it, I exposed myself very few times (twice a week in therapy for months) but I already feel that I can do it with ease

This has happened with other compulsions, in very few exposures I can already do what I couldn't before. I don't understand what I have then.

That just sounds like progress. It means you have done enough work for it to not bother you anymore. Congratulations 🎉

1 minute ago, DRS1 said:

That just sounds like progress. It means you have done enough work for it to not bother you anymore. Congratulations 🎉

No but it only cost me a few exposures, it's weird and I'm worried about it

1 minute ago, anthu said:

No but it only cost me a few exposures, it's weird and I'm worried about it

Yes and sometimes that's enough. Don't get caught in OCDs trap here of it not being enough to actually make progress. When you are getting better OCD will convince you that you can't be or that therapy itself and your progress in it is now something you need to worry about but you don't. That's just OCD trying to see if it can get you back into the cycle. You don't need to let it happen though.

1 minute ago, DRS1 said:

Yes and sometimes that's enough. Don't get caught in OCDs trap here of it not being enough to actually make progress. When you are getting better OCD will convince you that you can't be or that therapy itself and your progress in it is now something you need to worry about but you don't. That's just OCD trying to see if it can get you back into the cycle. You don't need to let it happen though.

I don't know what to say... it relieves me but if it's not ocd? I know it sounds like the typical thing a person with ocd would say but I don't know what else to think.

I mean what about the future? If it costs me only a few exposures then ocd just goes away? I know I will continue to have this thoughts but they will be very few. Or will other obsessions come that will guide me to do other compulsions?

14 minutes ago, malina said:

It means you're doing well, don't worry! Sometimes exposures take a lot of work, sometimes things happen quickly. Just keep going and be proud of yourself!

Should I?

5 minutes ago, anthu said:

I mean what about the future? If it costs me only a few exposures then ocd just goes away? I know I will continue to have this thoughts but they will be very few. Or will other obsessions come that will guide me to do other compulsions?

I think you're overthinking this. Just take it one step at a time. OCD will not go away after a few exposures. Look at what is happening now, your anxiety about the specific exposures went down but you seem pretty anxious about everything else. You just need to take a deep breath and stop trying to figure it out. You had a victory with these exposures, but you're not cured. Take this victory and be proud of yourself and keep going with your treatment.

4 minutes ago, malina said:

I think you're overthinking this. Just take it one step at a time. OCD will not go away after a few exposures. Look at what is happening now, your anxiety about the specific exposures went down but you seem pretty anxious about everything else. You just need to take a deep breath and stop trying to figure it out. You had a victory with these exposures, but you're not cured. Take this victory and be proud of yourself and keep going with your treatment.

Thank you but I feel like it's wrong for me to go on with my day. I feel that it is a bad sign