Would My Therapist Judge Me?

[ Mention of SA and Pedophilia ]

So, recently I have started seeing a therapist. She has helped me so far and in our next session we are going to talk about my OCD and compulsions. I'm really excited to talk about it because it means I'll get answers as to why I do certain things which I think is itself an OCD thing (wanting answers and reassurance). One thing I'm afraid to bring up is my intrusive thoughts. They have tortured me so much over the summer. So much like never before. I was seeking reassurance. 'Confessing' to random people online, reading OCD symptoms over and over again to make sure those are the symptoms I'm having and searching online to see if I can find people who have went through things similar to what I have. It was hell. I don't know why in particular it got so bad in summer but I'm guessing it's because I had nothing to do so my brain decided to start throwing intrusive thoughts left and right. Anyway. I'm afraid to bring these up. Because these intrusive thoughts are awful. I kept stressing out so much because OCD kept making me feel like i was a Pedophile, an abuser, fearing that I may SA someone without knowing or realizing. It's the worst. How do I talk about these things? I really want to help myself because I can't stand the feeling at the pit of my stomach when I'm having these horrible intrusive thoughts. It is one of the worst feelings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, JackieAM said:

Hello there I can relate to this as have harm ocd which is ruining my life right now.

I’m on the waiting list for CBT and am afraid to share with the therapist too for fear of being judged😭

We got this JackieAM!! You can do it and so can I. I'm sure we will manage. When you think about it, therapists aren't there to judge you, but to listen to you and help you. I hope everything goes well for you!

Edited by rdrd
1 minute ago, rdrd said:

We got this JackieAM!! You can do it and so can I. I'm sure we will manage. When you think about it, therapists aren't there to judge you, but to listen to you and help you. I hope everything goes well for you!

Thank you!! Feel so alone and sad

A therapist skilled in OCD will not be judging you for having what, in the field of OCD, are typical themes.

The heart of CBT treatment is about the patient, and the therapist, viewing the intrusions non-judgementally, then the therapist teaches tye patient how to manage the disorder.

8 minutes ago, taurean said:

A therapist skilled in OCD will not be judging you for having what, in the field of OCD, are typical themes.

The heart of CBT treatment is about the patient, and the therapist, viewing the intrusions non-judgementally, then the therapist teaches tye patient how to manage the disorder.

I don't know what she specializes in. I think I'll just go for it. I haven't told anyone about the worse intrusive thoughts that I have. Wish me luck! 

Edited by rdrd