Robbed of independence robbed of freedom or an enjoyable life.

I dont really see much point of even posting this these days. But I just feel robbed, Ive had ocd since 10 at 17 a major thing happened and I spent the last 12 years in the same fog im in now. Im tired I just cant be the person I want to be because of the past and this illness. I cant even go into it because It will create anxiety. We are truly robbed of independence with this illness. 

I have felt like this too. I found if I take a leap of faith and act as the person I want to be and do the things I want to it has amazing results . Act as if the worry is ocd and not real and the actual doing distracts you and lessens the worry and then you begin to see it for the inaccuracy it is.  It’s so hard  , I truly know as a sufferer, but give it a go , put the cart before the horse, you’ll be suprised how far it takes you . 
do something small towards your goal , one in the eye for ocd .

good luck 

7 hours ago, ecomum said:

I have felt like this too. I found if I take a leap of faith and act as the person I want to be and do the things I want to it has amazing results . Act as if the worry is ocd and not real and the actual doing distracts you and lessens the worry and then you begin to see it for the inaccuracy it is.  It’s so hard  , I truly know as a sufferer, but give it a go , put the cart before the horse, you’ll be suprised how far it takes you . 
do something small towards your goal , one in the eye for ocd .

good luck 

Has this allowed you to return back to normal? Sorry I don’t mean to hijack I just liked your input there 

In the past I have personally found it helpful to start doing something 'as if' I was someone without OCD, keeping in mind how much easier life is doing it that way and how much freer I feel.  It can be a way to reduce engaging with the thought and provide some motivation to do an exposure exercise.  CBT and ERP are always tough at first but this is an approach that could help.