Please help - feeling the worst

Hey guys,

I feel like I’m on the edge of losing it. An image / thought popped into my head earlier relating to a long-held obsession of mine. For the first time EVER, I was okay with it. I almost thought “oh that would be nice”. I think this is it, this proves that what I’ve been worried about is true. I am a freak and into this thing that I’ve been worried about since I was 11

Hi Nora, 

I'm really sorry to hear how much you're struggling at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Nora said:

I think this is it, this proves that what I’ve been worried about is true. I am a freak and into this thing that I’ve been worried about since I was 11

I disagree. I don't think this proves anything. I think this is just another form of OCD. You've been struggling with this for so long that your brain will try to come up with anything just to make you feel this way. Thoughts and feelings are not facts, especially when you're struggling with OCD and anxiety.

Please don't fall into OCD's trap. Try and do something that will help you take your mind off this for a while, even though I understand that you would rather ruminate or try to find certainty instead.