Raising awareness - TikTok

Hi all,

I was scrolling through TikTok and this popular UK ‘TikToker’ called ‘Eden Harvey’ came on my For You Page as I was scrolling through the feed. She was speaking about her experience with OCD and how she’s really struggled with the harm intrusive thoughts and rituals over the years, she also has an official diagnosis from a psychiatrist too and on other videos relating to it she mentioned how she’s had CBT etc. I was quite surprised as I had no idea she had OCD either! I watch her videos all the time, plus she’s super popular in the UK with the 18+ audience (sometimes a little younger too.) 

The comments were various as usual, but most praising her for being so open with her OCD experience. :) What a great platform for somebody around my age (20) in terms of raising awareness too!! It would be amazing if OCD-UK got in touch with her in terms of raising awareness, as I know she has a Huge platform (not like super super famous, but in relation to UK TikTokers she’s up there.) It really made me so happy to see! As I know most people around my age group also follow her too. It’s really inspired me as she was very open about it, she’s also been abroad and to concerts which for me is my dream, so seeing somebody with ocd do all of those things as silly as it sounds is really inspiring to myself.

Edited by snowbear
removed external link and personal details