Priory Inpatient

I haven’t, but I’ve seen news articles and TikTok’s from people who have stayed there as an inpatient and it’s been more like a hotel, so obviously great things since people pay lots of money to stay there, so I guess you could say you get what you pay for. However, when my brother was sectioned, he’s hospital was in quite a poorly developed area and the hospital was absolutely amazing!! It really does depend :) 

I didn't have a great experience of the Priory as an outpatient for my OCD.

The documentation I was given to work on was poor photocopies  not prints.

A psychiatrist was also delivering the CBT - which I think is much better done by a clinical psychologist, not a psychiatrist.

And the treatment he was proposing I totally disagreed with, so I terminated the treatment. 

But that might just have been a poor experience for me.

However, I have had great treatment elsewhere from clinical psychologists who devised a bespoke treatment plan especially to suit my needs, and The Priory psychiatrist did not do so.

Thanks all- I really appreciate your replies. The reason I asked is because I’m really worried that I’m developing something else in addition to the ocd I have had for 20 years eg depression or even  psychosis. It could just be my ocd telling me that.

it all started to go downhill when I googled about bad harm thoughts that I started getting and these possible illnesses came up.

My ocd prior was all about checking locks then food contamination, then accidentally hurting people.

I just want to stop these worries about my mind so I thought maybe the priory could help. Obviously Im finding this all very upsetting and scary.

I have been an inpatient at a Priory - not for ocd though. Overall, some people I know found it helpful and others did not so (as with any treatment) how helpful it can be varies from person to person and also depends (I imagine) on which Priory hospital out of the group you go to.

Similarly, some NHS inpatients units I have found more helpful than others so it is impossible to give a definitive answer. 

I am sure you would be able to contact the Priory and make enquiries as to what they could offer and maybe arrange an assessment appointment to get more of a feel as to whether it might help.

Edited by Gingham