My partner dropped a bombshell on me

Hey all, 

So my partner left to go home about an hour ago and I’ve been in tears ever since, my OCD has really spiked too, I guess you could say trying to find certainly amongst all of the chaos :( My partner plays Football locally in which he plays really well, however tonight he said to me he’s in talks with a manager about a possible relocation to Scotland permanently to play football and of course be paid. My heart absolutely sunk, we both live in Essex so Scotland is of course very far. 

We’ve been together for 3 and a half years since we were teens, we’ve ultimately grown up together and watched eachother experience new things (including new opportunities.) I cried in front of him because I couldn’t hold it in and I feel awful that I did. I want him to experience life and the best job opportunities, but selfishly I don’t want him to go. 

Summer I really think you need to be using some of your therapy time to look at why it is you don't feel safe to show your emotions in front of people.  I'm sorry if that's a bit upfront I know it's a confronting thing to say but I am saying it out of a genuine desire to help.

I've noticed that not wanting to be yourself or have your emotions in front of other people is a theme you've mentioned frequently and a big source of anxiety for you.  I have a feeling that if you dealt with that issue your OCD might improve quite a lot.

As for your boyfriend possibly moving to Scotland that does sound like a stressful thing to have hanging over you.  Hopefully you can work together to handle that in a way that works for both of you.