Feeling contaminated over a thing that happened years ago

Hello, my fellow sufferers 😄

To keep this short: years ago I masturbated to something I find very disgusting, and now I recently started obsessing over the said act again. It has left me feeling mentally contaminated, as in feeling like I'm impure and tarnished. It greatly hinders my ability to live in the present and makes me feel like I'm not allowed to enjoy anything in life, because I did such an awful thing. 

Has anyone gone through something similar? I would appreciate any help and tips to overcome the issue. I've accepted that I've done what I've done, but now this contaminated feeling still persists. 

I completely understand. I too am riddled with the same thing - primarily because of masturbation. I have gotten over it in the past but am currently really struggling. You are not alone! 

sorry I can’t give you a fix but just know that at least one other person knows how you feel. 

9 minutes ago, StrugglingAgain said:

I completely understand. I too am riddled with the same thing - primarily because of masturbation. I have gotten over it in the past but am currently really struggling. You are not alone! 

sorry I can’t give you a fix but just know that at least one other person knows how you feel. 

Relatable, I've gotten over the very same thing before. Every now and then it still pops up and completely messes up the life I've been loving. Very frustrating to deal with and it seems self compassion doesn't know existence in my household lol