So now I'm afraid of poisoning

Hi everyone

welcome to my world, lol.  I bought lots of amazon fresh food while ill and one of the ice packs split and before I knew it watery stuff was all over some of my sealed aluminium trays of pasta salad.

I used a cloth to take it off but that was all.

Now I am eating the pasta salad and keep thinking the ice packs have something poisonous in them that will have penetrated the aluminium container.

But I am eating it.

And I'm anxious.

Only sharing it here because it's clear ocd is in my life a lot more than I acknowledge.  If it was day time I'd have thrown them out and gone out and bought new ones.

(I know it's late to be eating, but I'm not yet back to normal routine after the infection)

Edited by RoseQuartz

Perfect dinner time for US!😀

Great job eating the food and not giving into OCD! Anxiety will come down, just keep doing what you have planned (understand this will  be tough). You got this!

Edited by Lifewillbegood
19 hours ago, Lifewillbegood said:

Perfect dinner time for US!😀

Great job eating the food and not giving into OCD! Anxiety will come down, just keep doing what you have planned (understand this will  be tough). You got this!

lol, I'm often on US time.  But not with eating, just sleep habits.

Thanks.  I haven't eaten much today but I think it might be hormones.  I did have a metallic taste here and there today, but the salad was in an alluminium foil container.  I don't normally have things like that but they were bought when I was ill and couldn't get to the shops.

I'm thinking I can taste the metal, maybe I can, these things are not healthy, but I didn't notice until yesterday.  It's probably hormones and nothing to do with poisoning.

1 hour ago, RoseQuartz said:

lol, I'm often on US time.  But not with eating, just sleep habits.

Thanks.  I haven't eaten much today but I think it might be hormones.  I did have a metallic taste here and there today, but the salad was in an alluminium foil container.  I don't normally have things like that but they were bought when I was ill and couldn't get to the shops.

I'm thinking I can taste the metal, maybe I can, these things are not healthy, but I didn't notice until yesterday.  It's probably hormones and nothing to do with poisoning.

Good to see you are still alive after ingesting poison yesterday! You may have poison proof super powers..now just need a cool name….just kidding 😀

I think you have got a good handle on this OCD fear!